Whats you favorite game

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My likes in order would be straight, 9 ball, one pocket, and last but not least, 8 ball.

Straight pool and 8 ball give you a number of balls to choose from when playing the game. 9 ball is more challenging in a sense because it is a rotation type game and depends heavily on controlling "whitey".

One pocket is a very interesting game and is fast becoming the game I enjoy playing the most. It's really makes you think prior to making a move. You may be able to pocket a ball but if you don't leave yourself another shot, what good is it? You may want to leave the ball hanging and leave your opponent safe instead. You really have to be careful in not leaving your opponent a bank shot and look to make sure there aren't any dead balls in the rack, As I said, you really have to think prior to making any kind of a shot. The only negative part of the game is when you start going down table. It can really lengthen the time of the game and sometimes get a little boring, but that's the nature of the game, waiting for your opponent to make a mistake that you can capitalize on.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
For practising: straight pool. For an enjoyable matchup: 1pocket. For tournaments: 10-ball.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member

And what we call blind draw cut throat. (For 3 or more players)
You use playing cards to represent the balls. Deal 3, 4 or 5 to each player and that's their balls. Kinda like p pool on steroids.

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member
We typically play last pocket 8 Ball.... I'd love to learn 3 cushion billiards, looks like. So much fun! A little 9 or 10 ball thrown in there now n then....

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
In order of most to least:
1. 14.1
2. 9-ball
3. One pocket
4. 3-ball
5. 8-ball
6. 10-ball

I recently watched an "American Rotation" game with Efren Reyes and some other fellah. That looked like fun to try out.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
10 ball has to be my favorite game, It's a great all around rotation game… 10 gets spotted if made in on the break or breaker chooses to break again, every shot is called so no slop like 9ball (unless playing modded9) It gets me ready for many games, especially one of my most loved/hated 8ball lol

In order of absolute favorite to still enjoyable to play:

-15 rotation
- One pocket
-3ball
-cutthroat

-Drew