the ONLY way I'd ever get a carbon shaft...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WTF? You have to be kidding me...seems like 90% of this forum seems to be made up of people over 55 years old, who are extremely picky.

So many of you only own, use or want to talk about $2-$10K custom cues with very specific requirements: "has to have ivory ferrule from a baby elephant between 1.5-2 years old", "gotta have the ultra joint, otherwise nope", "hate floating points", etc, etc.

EVERYONE looks at and factors in a cue's aesthetics before purchasing--if you don't, you are the outlier man.
I only use wraps sourced from Guatemalan baby caiman testicles. They're the nuts. ;)

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OB Fusion (carbon) has wood on the outside and carbon fiber on the inside. I ran 51 balls the first day I got the shaft. It passes my test.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
To the depot for some shelf liner!

Obviously the thing to do is to wrap those black shafts. I'm thinking for a couple bucks I can get enough shelf liner stick on wrap to do a lifetime worth of shafts. Maybe wrap it in a nice red and white table oilcloth plaid. Might wrap the butt and shaft while I am wrapping. This Bushka is so yesterday!

Hu

Charles Hartfield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think carbon looks better as long as the butt kinda matches

I agree. I like the black revo shaft but would want a butt that matched the color and finish of the shaft. I have considered contacting Predator and see if they would custom make a butt. I don’t see a butt on there website that matches to my liking.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you own a cue where a black carbon shaft looks good with the cue butt design, that’s a plus.
Typically it means you had better own a ebony cue butt because otherwise it looks mismatched.

I think less defection can help players but carbon fiber shafts without a clearly defined tip leave
a lot to be desired. I’ve tried 5 different brands & only Cuetec provided that sight picture, I.e., ferrule.

Even with that feature, Cuetec’s shaft has the same appearance as all the other carbon fiber shafts.
It only looks good, having nothing to do with the way it plays, when it’s matched with a ebony cue butt.

Gun colors have morphed over the years and now come in a variety of color options. Desert tan is a
popular color and if it can be accomplished with gun metallurgy I’m sure it can be also done with cues.

If a low deflection shaft can be made that looks like maple and has a ferrule, like the Cuetec design,
tell me where to send payment cuz I’lll buy and try it. Otherwise, carbon fiber shafts have zero appeal.