In fact they seem to be about ready to make an announcement
that please all of us who have played their products before

I expect something good

hzZLFSa.jpg

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was posted on their Facebook page:

We would like to take a moment to apologize to everyone who has needed Information, products or answers to their concerns. OB Cues did shut down and closed for business.
At the moment we are restructuring to bring OB Cues to whole new level! We are shifting are focus to what it needs to be. We ask that everyone be patient with us during this transition. We currently don’t have phones or internet. Please send emails for all concerns and questions. Any standing order will be fulfilled as soon as our Team is back in the shop. Online ordering will open soon.
We will have a huge announcement in the next week or two.
Thank you to all our past, current and future sustainers.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I look at their product pages on their web site, it just looks to me like they have way too many different products.

They've got their new "maple over carbon fiber" shafts they call OB Fusion. There are white ferrule and wood (classic OB) ferrules, and there are 3 different diameters/tapers under each. So there are OB Fusion 1, OB Fusion 2, etc. up to OB Fusion 6. Seems risky to me at a time when people are showing off their black shafts, but maybe there's a market for them.

They've got their low deflection shafts with either white ferrule (OB Classic +, OB Pro +, and OB Classic XL +, depending on the tip diameter), or wood ferrule (OB-1 +, OB-2 +, and OB-XL +). The + distinguishes these from the previous generation, which they also still sell.

Now they've got a new generation of low deflection shafts called S-line. They have roughly the same naming scheme and just add an S. So instead of OB-1 +, it's OB-1 s, OB-2s. Sometimes there's a space between the number and the s, and sometimes there isn't. And instead of spelling out Classic and Pro they abbreviate to OB-Cs and OB-Ps. Other than slight differences in diameter (11.75 for + version, 11.8 for s version), it's not spelled out how the newer ones are different.

They've also now started selling new standard deflection shafts, OB-SD, which they had never sold before, as OB started out selling low-deflection shafts only.

Although a lot of people think of OB as just selling shafts, they also sell full cues. And they recently released their jump cues and break cues, which I know are pretty standard for cue makers, but you add it all up and it's just too much. They need to knock out at least half of these products. It's not even clear if they sold much if any of these new ones, like the Fusion, S-line, or SD, before the bankruptcy. The release of all these new products seemed to coincide with the bankruptcy.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
I don't know all the details but i've been told that the "O" in OB is planning on taking control and re-starting things. Just have to see how it pans out.

Having been extremely close to this company from the beginning, the O in the company is no better than the rest of em, and greed motivated.
There's a lot that could be said about their history.
Before you could buy 1, or anyone had ever heard of OB, I was in Royces garage, watching it all unfold. I had multiple shafts before they could be bought.
We destroyed a bunch before Royce finally had a product that would hold up.
Royce built that company on his integrity and with the help of loyal friends from the DFW area.
Some made pennies in the beginning, but stayed with him.
The O went along with the cheapening of the company, firing Royces wife, and all former employees, etc...
From all I've seen the only integrity that could be associated with this company, was Royce and his friends.
So, they may come back, but your interest are the farthest thing from their mind, I assure you.
Your wallet on the other hand has them jumping them through hoops to open back up.
Bunch of **** wits imo, who wouldn't have shit without Royce.
And once Royce died, they wasted no time in showing the world how they felt about his dreams, and ideas.
I wish them all the worst luck the world has to offer.

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having been extremely close to this company from the beginning, the O in the company is no better than the rest of em, and greed motivated.
Before you could buy 1, or anyone had ever heard of OB, I was in Royces garage, watching it all unfold. I had multiple shafts before they could be bought.
Royce built that company on his integrity and with the help of loyal friends from the DFW area.
The O went along with the cheapening of the company, firing Royces wife, and all former employees, etc...
From all I've seen the only integrity that could be associated with this company, was Royce and his friends.
So, they may come back, but your interest are the farthest thing from their mind, I assure you.
Your wallet on the other hand has them jumping them through hoops to open back up.
And once Royce died, they wasted no time in showing the world how they felt about his dreams, and ideas.

That's a mic drop right there, over and out!

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
old your horses

no use saying something yet,it could be that they are coming up with something very

good for all of us that love pool

when Mark and Don came to the house< iw was very grateful for the visit

Mark has done more for pool than anyone I know of

And he personally shared private stuff with me that causes me to be hopeful that OB will become
a bigger force than anything before

Call_me_Tom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
old your horses

no use saying something yet,it could be that they are coming up with something very

And he personally shared private stuff with me that causes me to be hopeful that OB will become

OB states they were closing up shop, then they returned warrantied products unrepaired, now we’re supposed to bite our nails waiting for the next big thing...

This whole thing smells.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
old your horses

I'm privy to privy as well :thumbup:.
Whether the almighty dollar wins out in the end though, once again, we shall see.....
How it even came to this is mind boggling.
The sheer stupidity it took, repeatedly, for a company like OB, to be in the drain, almost overnight, is laughable!!
It seems to be the norm in the pool world.
What a strange breed.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OB cues

De420madhatter

I know a lot of the people who were and who are involved in OB Cues. Your information is wrong and your whole characterization of what occurred in the past is wrong.

Plus I think your slandering one of the nicest guys in pool.

Good job, dude.
Go have another joint

Mark Griffin

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know what actually happened, factually? Did they run out of money, not pay their lease, and the landlord kicked them out and seized their equipment? Did they get sick of the business and decide to quit? Who actually owned the company? Did sales decline? Did expenses increase?

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You fellows really should give it a rest

Mark Griffin,one of if not the most important names in pool,has given you some idea that he knows what is happening,the rest of us don't

To keep speculating with guesses is kinda foolish,what we are seeing is
a few jerks trying to guess what is going on and slandering "one of the nicest guys in pool"

Why not just let it go,OB is trying very hard to do the right thing. There have been a few
slip ups etc but when a fella is trying to do the right thing,let up.

Again the guys with zero feedback are the biggest know it alls

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm not currently in the loop but have been. This post is garbage.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why try to kick a fella when he is down
OB cues has been losing money and still trying to continue
in an honorable way

Mark is taking a close look at the situation,he has been invited
to help out by taking a fresh and close look

OB has made many contributions to pool.Cues,technology,financial s
support.

As of now,they have shown a lot of heart.

I ,for one applaud their efforts.

Mom told me "if you can't say something good about someone
don't say anything at all"

I wish I had listened better.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

I only know Don Owens since we were kids in Oklahoma. That just doesn't sound like the man I know. As far as I could tell, he and Royce had a good partnership. I've also done business with Mark Griffin and he has a been a straight shooter all the way. I wouldn't hesitate to invest in this company given the chance. I love their product and I have one of their cues on my cue rack along with my other best playing cues.

Last edited:

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only know Don Owens since we were kids in Oklahoma. That just doesn't sound like the man I know. As far as I could tell, he and Royce had a good partnership. I've also done business with Mark Griffin and he has a been a straight shooter all the way. I wouldn't hesitate to invest in this company given the chance. I love their product and I have one of their cues on my cue rack along with my other best playing cues.

Exactly. .

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've crossed off Meucci, Cuetec, Schon, Joss, Predator, and now OB for any possible future cue purchases for one reason or another.
Pechauer, McDermott, and Schmelke seem to take on a brighter shine. Oh well.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
I'm not currently in the loop but have been. This post is garbage.

Nah, it's pretty spot on.
Could care less what you believe or what your homies told you.
I'm sure Hillary Clinton has a ton of people who believe she is a Saint. I'm not one of em.
I never mentioned MG in my post, nor have I ever heard anything negative about him.
Unfortunately only 1 side of the story can be told now.

Last edited: