Simonis 760 or 860 Better For Pool Rooms?

brktml

Registered
Hi everyone, this is my first thread in AZB Forum. :) I own a Pool Room with 6 pool tables in Istanbul, Turkey. I wanna ask which one of these is better for Pool Rooms: Simonis 760 or 860? The reason why I ask is I've heard that Simonis 760 is better for pool rooms. I appreciate your comments.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone, this is my first thread in AZB Forum. :) I own a Pool Room with 6 pool tables in Istanbul, Turkey. I wanna ask which one of these is better for Pool Rooms: Simonis 760 or 860? The reason why I ask is I've heard that Simonis 760 is better for pool rooms. I appreciate your comments.

Depends on the type of players you will have coming into the room and which game they prefer to play. 860 is much more common, 760 plays very fast and your casual player would prob not like it.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a room owner, just an average player who has played in rooms with both 760 and 860 for years.

IMO, if your room is not humid, and the climate control works well, 860 is ideal.

If your room is in a humid location, and/or you do not use air conditioning on a regular basis, 760 is much better.

My home room has used 760 for years. Its in a humid location, and the air conditioning is not always on. 760 works great here. One year, the owner decided to try 860. The tables were horribly slow in this environment with 860. The other rooms in the area all use 860, but don't have the humidity problem this room does. These dry rooms play great with 860.

Good luck to you.

ine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi

I am a room owner and I would not have the 860. I only use the 760. The reason is that the 860 has more wool in it and because of this it is not so long lasting and you need to change cloth more often. It is also more expensive, so the cost is quite a lot higher. The 860HR is more durable than the normal 860, but even more expensive...

If the cost is no problem it is a different story, then you can consider the 860. But, if the humidity is high I would avoid it for that reason also.

Hope this helps a little

Ine:)

brktml

Registered
Depends on the type of players you will have coming into the room and which game they prefer to play. 860 is much more common, 760 plays very fast and your casual player would prob not like it.

They prefer to play 8 Ball and 9 Ball. If 760 is very fast, you are right they wouldn't like it.

I'm not a room owner, just an average player who has played in rooms with both 760 and 860 for years.

IMO, if your room is not humid, and the climate control works well, 860 is ideal.

If your room is in a humid location, and/or you do not use air conditioning on a regular basis, 760 is much better.

My home room has used 760 for years. Its in a humid location, and the air conditioning is not always on. 760 works great here. One year, the owner decided to try 860. The tables were horribly slow in this environment with 860. The other rooms in the area all use 860, but don't have the humidity problem this room does. These dry rooms play great with 860.

Good luck to you.

It is not a humid location. I use air conditioning but not on a regular basis. Also, they like to play slow. I think 860'd be better.

Hi

I am a room owner and I would not have the 860. I only use the 760. The reason is that the 860 has more wool in it and because of this it is not so long lasting and you need to change cloth more often. It is also more expensive, so the cost is quite a lot higher. The 860HR is more durable than the normal 860, but even more expensive...

If the cost is no problem it is a different story, then you can consider the 860. But, if the humidity is high I would avoid it for that reason also.

Hope this helps a little

Ine, I can provide 760 or 860/HR at the same price. I still couldn't get the reason why 860 is less durable :) If the 760 is very fast than the 860, It'd be bad.

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi

Hope this helps a little

If I were to choose to play in a room with 760 or 860, I would go to the room with 860 every time.

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They prefer to play 8 Ball and 9 Ball. If 760 is very fast, you are right they wouldn't like it.

It is not a humid location. I use air conditioning but not on a regular basis. Also, they like to play slow. I think 860'd be better.

Ine, I can provide 760 or 860/HR at the same price. I still couldn't get the reason why 860 is less durable :) If the 760 is very fast than the 860, It'd be bad.

Realize that while 760 is faster, 860 is by no means slow. I can't see needing a pool table that is faster than 860 provides, so I would avoid the 760 unless your conditions require it.

nfty9er

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forget it

I wouldn't use either one. I have used the Pro Tour "Tour edition for years, just as good at 860 and lasts a lot longer

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
What is the game of choice in your room? Simonis came out with 860 to showcase 9-ball. If your customers favor straight pool, then go with 760.

ine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, sorry I have not replied on this, I have not been in the forums for a while.

I think maybe the humidity makes a big difference in what cloth to use, I see some here absolutely prefers the 860, in Norway the 760 is the most used cloth. If your customers prefer 860 that is something you have to consider, but you need to ask yourself how many customers will see the difference. Most customers that are not players used to playing tournaments and so on do not see the difference. They want clean tables with cloth that looks good:) In my club most customers do not own a cue, they keep rolling the house cues to see if they are straight, whereas a pool player would check the tip instead:)

Anyway, 860 consist of 90% wool and 10% nylon. 760 consist of 70% wool and 30% nylon. Nylon is stronger and more durable than wool so the 760 lasts longer. That said, according to WPA rules the cloth needs to have a min of 80% wool to be approved as a tournament cloth for WPA events.

Wish you all a happy new year with lots of positive poolaction in it:)