New cue, thought I'd share...

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
Just came in the mail today. I ordered this right from Pechauer cues.
20 oz
29" butt 30" Pechauer plus shaft 12.25mm
Pechauer gold soft tip
Cocobolo forearm and butt
Curly maple natural stain wrap
Maple and silver inlay rings at all 5 spots

I wanted the beauty of the wood to speak for its self and boy does it! The finish is impeccable too. This is my 3rd Pechauer and my favorite now. Their customer service is outstanding as well. Just a beautiful cue and a great company to do business with.

Attachments

• 29AB217A-1FF6-4F93-8F0B-3416AA19DE64.jpg
    29AB217A-1FF6-4F93-8F0B-3416AA19DE64.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 755

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
20 oz
Pechauer gold soft tip

I wanted the beauty of the wood to speak for its self and boy does it! The finish is impeccable too. This is my 3rd Pechauer and my favorite now. Their customer service is outstanding as well. Just a beautiful cue and a great company to do business with.
Beautiful cue. You're correct, their customer service is outstanding, "Jon" recently really took care of me on a small issue. I will do business with them again !!!

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Beautiful cue. I love the grain in the forearm instead of inlays. A natural beauty. I'm a fan of Pechauer cues ... I have two. A great production cue. Enjoy it. :thumbup:

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
Thanks all. I'm excited to shoot with it. Especially the pro shaft to see how it compares to the OB I was using.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I used a Pro shaft for years and I think they're great. I expect you'll be very happy. Honestly, didn't care for those gold tips, but maybe you'll have a better experience. I didn't give it much of a chance.

Shakes ... what did you change over to, tip wise? My newer Pechauer shaft came with the new gold tip and I need to get a new tip on my original shaft. I'm torn between getting a gold tip on that one or changing the newer one. I do want the same tip on both shafts so looking for your guidance/experience. Thanks.

nj82tj

The dude abides.
Silver Member
I used a Pro shaft for years and I think they're great. I expect you'll be very happy. Honestly, didn't care for those gold tips, but maybe you'll have a better experience. I didn't give it much of a chance.

Glad to hear that. I've been a fan of kamui tips recently but the gold Pechauer will do me fine until it needs to be replaced.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Wow .. Deja' Vu all over again.
I just recently got one (little bit different model), but same wood color. I didn't get the pro shaft, but did have the stock one turned down to 12.25. Actually had a bit of a rough patch about 6" from the tip, but I buffed that out in 5 min. It plays really well - I think you got yourself a great cue at a great price. Congrats .. I have no doubt you'll be happy with it.

(we'll have to do a thread in the review section)

Cheers,

20 oz
Pechauer gold soft tip

That is really beautiful. Love the maple handle. His cues hit really nice.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I've heard that Schon hit similar. That's what I was looking at before my pechauer but I don't care for wrapped cues.

I was messing with Justin. And a Pechauer and Schon don't hit alike. A Pechauer plays somewhat soft. Long straight tapers. A Schon will play a little stiffer than a Pechauer, with a lot more feedback. I find Pechauers a little dead because of the construction, and that proprietary pin.

They play well. But too whippy and soft for my liking. I'd take a Schon over a Pechauer. But that's my preference. They make a hell of a cue for the money they charge.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
I've heard that Schon hit similar. That's what I was looking at before my pechauer but I don't care for wrapped cues.

Not sure I agree with that. But then again, maybe it's just the difference in tip, ferrule, etc. Or maybe it's just me. IMO - Schon hits more like the Joss.