The greatest collection of famous cues

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in the world

Somewhere near 800 of the prettiest most famous cues in the world owned by the Glenn family

I spoke with Dennis this morning and he is in the process of setting up about 8 famous old bBunswick pool tables in Las Vegas
Along with cues,pictures,stories enough to make you laugh and cry.

Dennis has most of the famous pool players famous cues,signed by all those greats

Imagine what it would be like to see all of the games Ronnie played with his cue
or Minnesota Fats,what a story,or Eddie 'the Knoxville bear" Taylor,The Balabushka that Buddy beat the world with.

He even has the cue that Mosconi ran the 526 with
If it is true that John Schmidt broke the record then his cue should be donated to the Glenns

It was the Glenns who made collecting cues fun,famous and popular.

They planned to open a wonderful Museum ,but I fear that Denny is becoming weak
His lifetime goal of sharing all these wonderful pieces of our heart and soul may not come to fruition

Will someone else care enough to buy this amazing collection? I have had the pleasure of holding the Balabushka St Louie Louie played,I held in my hand what
was once in Ronnie's hands, and Eddie Taylor, I held Buddy's Balabushka,I saw him offer a Cadillac for it, I hit balls with the cue Jersey Red beat me with

I can only wish that every one of you guys could do the same

If only these cues could speak,the stories and memories would overwhelm us

If someone else has the heart to pick up on this project,then perhaps the rest of us could rekindle the memories of gone by days,gone by heroes,and impossible feats

I am not authorized to sell this collection,it would break my heart to try,but if there is
someone with a dream,the heart and the wallet. There just might be an opportunity of a lifetime to do something for this great game that we all love

We all speculate on what it will take to revive this wonderful game,many theories
are voiced,but what can make the love you hard hearted pool players come alive
How can the world ever share in what pool means to us?

Old timers get misty thinking about Johnson City,why don't the kids know what we are talking about

What can cause another revival of play and interest?

Baseball has its Louisbvlle Hall of fame

Doesn't pool deserve something?

Last edited:

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
deleted......

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice looking airplane
what does one of those cost?

single prop? how many passengers will it carry

thanks for posting

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's it ?

Afaik, it isnt publically know what is in the collection...so no value can be determined.

And anyway, what is a 1991 meucci used in a tourney win worth, really?

Which cue are you referring to ? I didn't see that in Deans post. I know he
has the last cue Balabushka shipped, just days before he died.That should
be worth something.
jack

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which cue are you referring to ? I didn't see that in Deans post. I know he
has the last cue Balabushka shipped, just days before he died.That should
be worth something.
jack

Ahh...I wasn't citing that as a piece in the collection, just as an example of one of many reasons it would be really hard to value the collection.

I know what I meant, what's wrong with the rest of you people?!:eek:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahh...I wasn't citing that as a piece in the collection, just as an example of one of many reasons it would be really hard to value the collection.

I know what I meant, what's wrong with the rest of you people?!:eek:

I knew what you meant. :thumbup:

Even if you knew all of that is in the collection, it would be hard to value.

Many (most?) of the cues AFAIK are inherently valuable, but the fact that many (most?) are associated with well known players, champions, etc, adds an unknown to the valuation.

I fount it odd that Dean spoke of not being authorized to sell the collection. Was there some suggestion that it is for sale?

From what I understand "sell" isn't in the vocabulary of the Glenns. Pete passed away in 2003, and AFAIK there has been o suggestion that the collection be sold as the children have always been interested and involved themselves directly.

I personally like and aspire to their methodology as far as this is concerned. True collectors buy. They don't flip. They don't generally sell. That was Pete's general philosophy on the matter as I understand it.

I spoke with Dennis this morning and he is in the process of setting up about 8 famous old bBunswick pool tables in Las Vegas
Along with cues,pictures,stories enough to make you laugh and cry.

OK...but they are not for sale, right?

It was the Glenns who made collecting cues fun,famous and popular.

They planned to open a wonderful Museum ,but I fear that Denny is becoming weak
His lifetime goal of sharing all these wonderful pieces of our heart and soul may not come to fruition

OK.

Will someone else care enough to buy this amazing collection?

That's a mighty leap to the collection being for sale.

Buying this collection would be possible only for the wealthy. It would also circumvent a great deal of what building such a collection is really about. The hunt. The fun.

I am just a little surprised to see some suggestion of buying the collection.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donated? Someone will always outbid "donated"

Yeah. True.

But major donations of historical value and tremendous monetary value are not uncommon. Many museums benefit from such things. In fact, some of the most well known museum art collections have been donated.

I have no idea how likely that might be in this case but I sense it it not likely.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should have them photographed and documented in book form.

I have a feeling the photos and documentation already exist, if for no other reason than insurance.

I agree, it would make an excellent book. I would want one.

Another option would be to put it online.

woodyosborne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think it would be a great thing for the glenn's to do a monthly showcase on a cue. 12 a year. it would be wonderful to see the treasures in their collection. i do realize szamboti's and balabuska's may be hard to expose due to copycats/fraud but i'd sure enjoy seeing the others as well. just a random thought.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should have them photographed and documented in book form.
A book would be great.

What’s the point of putting together such a great collection and then get them broke up and sold after your gone. They belong in a museum. 800 cues with historical significance could be worth a few million $. Who’s got a few extra bucks to donate. To bad Mr Bond not around, he could of put it in his museum.