Silver Member
No aiming system or method will overcome rotten fundamentals

--------------

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
1. Shot recognition is not "the key"....what if you're recognizing the shot wrong over and over?
2. Hitting a million balls is not necessary....IF you start out hitting them in the right spot from the outset with solid fundamentals.
3. Maybe you've personally studied and used too many systems when only one that is truly developed is all you need? Could be, you know..
BUT........you and other experts around here will never believe it.
Only my observations, (which to most experts here are merely laughable.)
Good day..
Life goes on

There has to be at least one or two shot angles you've played so often that they feel automatic to you when you see them. If not, you're probably the only one.
Regardless, this same automatic recognition can occur with every shot over time. For some it takes just a few thousand balls, some a little more, and then others spend their entire lives not paying enough attention to how they miss, or not developing sound enough fundamentals to gain any consistency, that nothing ever becomes automatic. They just can't recognize things for which they've developed no recognition.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BUT........you and other experts around here will never believe it.
Only my observations, (which to most experts here are merely laughable.)
Good day..
Life goes on

If an expert in a particular field tells you that your observations are laughable, why wouldn't that cause you to reassess your observations? By definition, doesn't he know more than you about the subject at hand?

Just wondering out loud...

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Are you sure your problem is aiming and not stroke delivery?

Im not big fan of CTE and watching zillion clips, paying $$$, i need one free proved aim system that i can use always for all type of shots or even method, no big deal but im against CTE. I actually play very chaotic and my aiming is like roulette. Anyone know any working aim systems other than CTE? I know this board is like CTE Aiming Conversation but i still believe there are much more aiming systems, simple, fast and easy to adapt and at first with good success rate and your knowledge help me.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There has to be at least one or two shot angles you've played so often that they feel automatic to you when you see them. If not, you're probably the only one.
Regardless, this same automatic recognition can occur with every shot over time. For some it takes just a few thousand balls, some a little more, and then others spend their entire lives not paying enough attention to how they miss, or not developing sound enough fundamentals to gain any consistency, that nothing ever becomes automatic. They just can't recognize things for which they've developed no recognition.

How about instead of one or two shot angles being automatic you just use one or two shot perceptions instead. Sounds easier doesnt it.

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im not big fan of CTE and watching zillion clips, paying $$$, i need one free proved aim system that i can use always for all type of shots or even method, no big deal but im against CTE. I actually play very chaotic and my aiming is like roulette. Anyone know any working aim systems other than CTE? I know this board is like CTE Aiming Conversation but i still believe there are much more aiming systems, simple, fast and easy to adapt and at first with good success rate and your knowledge help me.

You need a Pre Shot Routine and some patience. Slow your game down and think. Trust me, it'll help.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think I saw my first CTE user in our weekly tournament. Pretty sure he uses PRO ONE since he would come into the shot like he was using sidepsin, then pivot center. Gotta say it certainly looked odd but no matter what shot I set up he would make them over and over. Kinda looked like Robb Saez setup if anyone has ever seen him shoot. Not that he uses CTE.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think I saw my first CTE user in our weekly tournament. Pretty sure he uses PRO ONE since he would come into the shot like he was using sidepsin, then pivot center. Gotta say it certainly looked odd but no matter what shot I set up he would make them over and over. Kinda looked like Robb Saez setup if anyone has ever seen him shoot. Not that he uses CTE.

There are about as many versions of CTE as there are people using it. Too bad you didn't ask him what he thinks he's doing to pocket balls.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
More outrageous laughable claims.
It's gone from busti told Dave Segal to now being close friend with Stan.
Quit the BS claims. None of the Filipino pros use pivot-aiming system.
None of them. including Bustamante.
Busti does that as habit .
If you are close to Bustamante, ask him what "patama" is.
https://youtu.be/6Y2qoCtdiak?t=2707
There ya go, he explains how he aims. He ALWAYS look a little "thicker".
Pfft! Just like everyone, he visualizes balls colliding.
Can't wait for he's keeping a secret claim.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More outrageous laughable claims.
It's gone from busti told Dave Segal to now being close friend with Stan.
Quit the BS claims. None of the Filipino pros use pivot-aiming system.
None of them. including Bustamante.
Busti does that as habit .
If you are close to Bustamante, ask him what "patama" is.
https://youtu.be/6Y2qoCtdiak?t=2707
There ya go, he explains how he aims. He ALWAYS look a little "thicker".
Pfft! Just like everyone, he visualizes balls colliding.
Can't wait for he's keeping a secret claim.

Anybody who watches much tennis knows that Nadal is a bit quirky. He has to have his water bottles sitting just so with the labels pointing the same way. Pay attention particularly to why he says he does that at the end of the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr42G2P_mrs

Moral of the story: If you want to win 17 majors the way you arrange your water bottles is the reason for your success.

SmokinJoe46

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ghost ball for starters. Will give you an idea where to hit.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
The Freebie

Here is a freebie for you. No drawing but its self explanatory.

"Robins Aiming Method-3" (Ram-3) from my first book.

On any shot determine the pocket that you're going to make the ball in. Now determine
the nearest pocket point to that object ball. While standing behind the Cue Ball imagine
a line coming off that pocket point going straight through the Object Ball and coming out
of the other Side.

Where the point exits the Object Ball is the key. You see the position of the exit point.

Shoot to hit the shot halfway between the Exit Point and the edge of the Object Ball.

You'll make more than you'll miss. On the ones you miss you'll quickly learn to make them.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Here is a freebie for you. No drawing but its self explanatory.

"Robins Aiming Method-3" (Ram-3) from my first book.

On any shot determine the pocket that you're going to make the ball in. Now determine
the nearest pocket point to that object ball. While standing behind the Cue Ball imagine
a line coming off that pocket point going straight through the Object Ball and coming out
of the other Side.

Where the point exits the Object Ball is the key. You see the position of the exit point.

Shoot to hit the shot halfway between the Exit Point and the edge of the Object Ball.

You'll make more than you'll miss. On the ones you miss you'll quickly learn to make them.
This is only exactly right for one alignment: a 2/3 ball overlap (~20 degree cut). "Double the offset" is exactly right for every shot and would be just as easy.

pj
chgo