The forthcoming book on CTE.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
The biggest hangup with CTE is has always been the language. Those that have taken the time (or have the ability, however you want to put it) to figure out how to make CTE work know that it truly does work. That said, there has never been a complete set of language that works for everyone that basically gives you step 1,2,3 and pocket a ball. However, I am confident those days are numbered. Stan figured it out and put it all into words. This will be exposed in his new book. The book will have the language, along with a huge treasure of history, information and training for CTE and pool playing in general. I know that sounds like an infomercial for his book, but it is true. CTE has been a journey for Stan. As he put out DVD1, DVD2, he has grown and strengthened his understanding in CTE, and he has put out the knowledge he has accumulated all along the way. As you may tell, I'm pretty excited about the book ;)

For those skeptical that this is some ploy to buy his book, Stan is also exposing the steps to the system online in conjunction with the book release. So anyone will be able to make the system work for themselves before deciding on a book purchase, if they so choose. The book will be a roadmap for taking CTE to its highest levels, all the gritty details and shot situations, and the training to make it happen. There have been random comments like "why does it take 30 chapters to explain an aiming system", well the book goes way beyond an aiming system. It is an encyclopedia of information surrounding it.

Last edited:

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The biggest hangup with CTE is has always been the language. .. Stan figured it out and put it all into words. This will be exposed in his new book...

I'm really hoping that the book is a great success in educating those that are truly interested - like me - in learning Stan's system.

I've had trouble in the past with the language used, primarily by Stan, in explaining the system. Are you confident that this has been overcome with the new book because it has been given to some average players that don't already understand the system? I'd be more skeptical about the ease of understanding if it has only been given to those that are not starting from scratch.

Best of luck with this important project.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I'm really hoping that the book is a great success in educating those that are truly interested - like me - in learning Stan's system.

I've had trouble in the past with the language used, primarily by Stan, in explaining the system. Are you confident that this has been overcome with the new book because it has been given to some average players that don't already understand the system? I'd be more skeptical about the ease of understanding if it has only been given to those that are not starting from scratch.

Best of luck with this important project.

I think the book will explain it so anyone can learn it, pretty straight forward. There will be online video explaining the system too.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the book will explain it so anyone can learn it, pretty straight forward. There will be online video explaining the system too.

Thank God.

Lou Figueroa
guess everyone
can toss DVD 1 & 2
now

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Are you confident... because it has been given to some average players that don't already understand the system?

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Are you confident... because it has been given to some average players that don't already understand the system?

I am confident. I have been exposed to enough of the new language to see that it really does cover the bases. There were some things even I never quite put my finger on, but the language cleared them up. It was like a whole new perspective, pun intended. ;)

It is more than just "language" as well. There have been some new concepts discovered with approaching the system, ultimately arriving at the same answer that has been there all along. This, coupled with clearer language is the what puts it over the edge. I really do think this will clear a lot of bad air round here. Now if we can all agree WHY it works, well that is a discussion for a future day :)

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't that exciting Lou? Anyone can understand? You are included in the exclusive group of anyone! :thumbup:

Frankly, I am dubious about anything that requires a 38 chapter user's manual being labeled something "anyone can understand."

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
Frankly, I am dubious about anything that requires a 38 chapter user's manual being labeled something "anyone can understand."

Lou Figueroa

Oh now it's 38 chapters! I guess Stan has a whole lot of writing left to do ;)

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am confident. I have been exposed to enough of the new language to see that it really does cover the bases. There were some things even I never quite put my finger on, but the language cleared them up. It was like a whole new perspective, pun intended. ;)

It is more than just "language" as well. There have been some new concepts discovered with approaching the system, ultimately arriving at the same answer that has been there all along. This, coupled with clearer language is the what puts it over the edge. I really do think this will clear a lot of bad air round here. Now if we can all agree WHY it works, well that is a discussion for a future day :)

mohrt - I was under the impression, mostly because Stan said as much, that he was going to explain in the new book WHY it works. Are you saying here that Stan's book will not address why (and/or how) it works?

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
mohrt - I was under the impression, mostly because Stan said as much, that he was going to explain in the new book WHY it works. Are you saying here that Stan's book will not address why (and/or how) it works?

My understanding is that it shows the HOW, which I'm sure of. I'm not sure about how much information about the WHY will be in there, or to be fair, how much we really know about the WHY. It would have to be some pretty specialized info about how our eyes/brain work.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thank God.

Lou Figueroa
guess everyone
can toss DVD 1 & 2
now

Nah, plenty of people have learned CTE to a high degree from those DVDs. Most of them could slaughter you on a pool table in my opinion. I might be the only CTE user you have ever beaten. Pretty sure I am the only one you would dare to play.

There is no system in the world that can't be improved on. When the book comes out I will donate some copies to youth billiard programs across the country in your name.

The dedication will read, "This book will help you build a solid foundation for your game. If my generation had been able to access this information so easily then we would have become much better than we did. This book donation is dedicated to the selfless critics and vast amount of time that those close-minded critics spent pushing Stan Shuffett to take the aiming task in pool to objective and accurate levels never before available. Because of Lou Figueroa in particular millions of aspiring players will now have access to information that they can use to become incredibly accurate shooters."

After you read this book and work through the information be sure to send Lou Figueroa a note and tell him thanks.
Here is his preferred email....imanit@nit.com <----- not a real email :)

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh now it's 38 chapters! I guess Stan has a whole lot of writing left to do ;)

"The entire range of shots of 15-60 presented in Chapters 8 and 9 are correct to include the visuals and their pivot directions.
As far as refinements to my work, yes, I am much much deeper into CTE's innerworksings.
As far as the FINAL CHAPTER goes at this point, I have no plans for any new videos at this juncture but as I said in DVD2, any new information will appear on YouTube. I plan on a series of 10 to 20 presentations that will cover the entire framework of CTE PRO ONE.....No one needs to purchase my 38 Chapter book.......
I am very pragmatic by nature and I am sorry that I have failed you.
In addition to my YouTube videos, I will be offering free clinics for the rest of my healthy days.
Have a great day!
Stan Shuffett"

yup. Hard to believe but true.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nah, plenty of people have learned CTE to a high degree from those DVDs. Most of them could slaughter you on a pool table in my opinion. I might be the only CTE user you have ever beaten. Pretty sure I am the only one you would dare to play.

There is no system in the world that can't be improved on. When the book comes out I will donate some copies to youth billiard programs across the country in your name.

The dedication will read, "This book will help you build a solid foundation for your game. If my generation had been able to access this information so easily then we would have become much better than we did. This book donation is dedicated to the selfless critics and vast amount of time that those close-minded critics spent pushing Stan Shuffett to take the aiming task in pool to objective and accurate levels never before available. Because of Lou Figueroa in particular millions of aspiring players will now have access to information that they can use to become incredibly accurate shooters."

After you read this book and work through the information be sure to send Lou Figueroa a note and tell him thanks.
Here is his preferred email....imanit@nit.com <----- not a real email :)

Plenty of people, lol. You could fit all the CTE practitioners in the world into a good-sized elevator.

Lou Figueroa