wtb flat head socket bolts

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use 3/8 by 16 flat head ss socket bolts in my bumperless cues. I want to buy some aluminum flathead bolts appx the same size to use for the same but help adjust the weight.

got any, or know where they can be found. I have exhausted online searches

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I use 3/8 by 16 flat head ss socket bolts in my bumperless cues. I want to buy some aluminum flathead bolts appx the same size to use for the same but help adjust the weight.

got any, or know where they can be found. I have exhausted online searches
I have been to all the fastener places and they do not exist you have to get them from someone that makes him specifically for pool cues try CT cue parts

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have gotten titanium ones a couple times. Still quite a bit heavier than aluminum but about 1/2 the weight of SS.

They polish up nicely plus you can make them cool colors by heat treating.

Robin Snyder

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
CT cue parts

I have been to all the fastener places and they do not exist you have to get them from someone that makes him specifically for pool cues try CT cue parts

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I sent CT a email 6 months ago for some ss pins .
No answer, I know Jim Baxter did the same thing.
Have any of you guys got anything from them lately ???

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I called to get some brass rings and joint protector pins , and he said it was a pain in the ass to do the paperwork on anything less than a $250. order . He would not sell to me . He said he would ship my little order out Free , but he never did .

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I have never placed an order over $75 with them and had no problems..........
some orders were $30

Kim

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also never had a problem till a couple weeks ago . Maybe he was in a bad mood , did not get what he thought he was getting , the night before ??? Never ever had a problem till the last time .

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I had problems years ago with him, ordered by phone, then 3 weeks later still looking for the order. Called multiple times and finally got him, he said oops and about a week later got the order. I literally live about 35 minutes from his shop. I got 3/8x10 threaded rod that was the end pieces where the die first starts the cut, so most of what I got wouldn't be able to be screwed to anything that had a tapped hole. The 5/16x18 threaded inserts and pins only fit his pieces, most would not cross-fit with any other brand, they would bind up about a 1/3 in. Never bought from since. Bad product and worse customer service. I just chalked it up to a lesson learned.
Dave

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had problems years ago with him, ordered by phone, then 3 weeks later still looking for the order. Called multiple times and finally got him, he said oops and about a week later got the order. I literally live about 35 minutes from his shop. I got 3/8x10 threaded rod that was the end pieces where the die first starts the cut, so most of what I got wouldn't be able to be screwed to anything that had a tapped hole. The 5/16x18 threaded inserts and pins only fit his pieces, most would not cross-fit with any other brand, they would bind up about a 1/3 in. Never bought from since. Bad product and worse customer service. I just chalked it up to a lesson learned.
Dave

Tom, has let me and others know that small orders are killing him. I get my G10 Radial pins and my carbide sanding masters from him. Other, standard pins and inserts, I purchase from regular suppliers. The last 25 G10 radials I ordered Took about 2-3 months for completion. He makes the pins for Atlas and most of the other suppliers. He said that the set-up time, going from one pin to another was killing him on small orders.

Dick

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Tom, has let me and others know that small orders are killing him. I get my G10 Radial pins and my carbide sanding masters from him. Other, standard pins and inserts, I purchase from regular suppliers. The last 25 G10 radials I ordered Took about 2-3 months for completion. He makes the pins for Atlas and most of the other suppliers. He said that the set-up time, going from one pin to another was killing him on small orders.

Dick

Dick, are you talking about Tom M.? Tom has always been awesome to deal with and his products are top notch. We were talking about Connecticut Cue Parts, a different supplier.
Dave

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dick, are you talking about Tom M.? Tom has always been awesome to deal with and his products are top notch. We were talking about Connecticut Cue Parts, a different supplier.
Dave

You're right! I was talking about Tom Migliori.