Is it normal for ur cue to graze ur nipple when shooting

Lou Loulacy

Registered
Makes me wonder how high your elbow is in the air. Feel like if your upper arm was parallel with the ground you wouldn't notice it as much. But this is just me guessing not in front of a pool table. Some shots I do touch my chin for extra support, but I am thinking that is when I am jacked up. I recall touching my chest but can't recall what the situation was.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no joke

I always wear a band-aid. Sometimes when I would hit a real hard drawn shot
I would hit it. If I move my right hand back a little it helps. But the band-aid works.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry for the weird question. I got some private lessons from a well known pro and he corrected my stance...it seems to work well but every time I shoot, the cue grazes my nipple and it feels weird! I like the action I'm getting from the new stance but it feels odd everytime I shoot. Is this something u just get used to?

If your a girl, you love it. If your a boy, you hate it. ;)

pinoyincalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always wear a band-aid. Sometimes when I would hit a real hard drawn shot
I would hit it. If I move my right hand back a little it helps. But the band-aid works.[/QUOTE

It is actually in the long follow thru that I hit my nipple. Sounds similar to your situation. . Might need a band aid then.]

pinoyincalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes me wonder how high your elbow is in the air. Feel like if your upper arm was parallel with the ground you wouldn't notice it as much. But this is just me guessing not in front of a pool table. Some shots I do touch my chin for extra support, but I am thinking that is when I am jacked up. I recall touching my chest but can't recall what the situation was.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. I'll check if that's what is happening.

Shooter1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This must be what Willie Hoppe was talking about when he mentioned the "Nip shot" in his book........

jamnut

Underwater Tiger
Silver Member
It's okay if the cue grazes your nipple when shooting.
If the cue grazes other peoples nipples when you shoot, you need to fix something.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
It's okay if the cue grazes your nipple when shooting.
If the cue grazes other peoples nipples when you shoot, you need to fix something.
A valid point.:thumbup:

However some people are offended by the N word, so please say TEATS.:rolleyes:

Yes my cue does graze my teat when I shoot.:cool:

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they're called "points". And my shots into the side pockets graze them often. That's what he's talking about, right?

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
My cue rubs against my chest during my stroke. I guess I kind of use my body as an extra way to stabilize the cue. Because of this, I can't use the Digicue. My tip always goes slightly to the left at the very end of my follow through due to the wider diameter section of the butt rubbing across my chest. The cue ball is long gone at that point, and my stroke is straight through impact so it doesn't have a negative impact on my game. I also can't wear a white shirt when I play or I'll end up with a big blue stain.

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
Sorry for the weird question. I got some private lessons from a well known pro and he corrected my stance...it seems to work well but every time I shoot, the cue grazes my nipple and it feels weird! I like the action I'm getting from the new stance but it feels odd everytime I shoot. Is this something u just get used to?

Well.................Are you sure your cue isn't just hitting on you? You are liking it too.....

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I have the same problem.
nipples.jpg

pinoyincalgary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bwahahaha. ..thanks for tha laughs and advice. As all of you can see, this is not a question I can ask in the hall I play at. I would have been bantered all the time about my nipple. ..oops. .I meant, TEATS problem ������

Last edited: