JB Cases

Predator cues make you play better?

How so. I mean for a person who is so skeptical of pool players and pool products....the idea that you buy into Predator's claims is ironic. I mean I can say that I have seen first hand back in the 90s that Predator cues displayed both lower deflection and displayed radially consistent deflection. But I saw no evidence that they made a player play better.

What they do is allow a player to be more confident that where they aim is going to be closer to where the cueball goes I guess but they do not aim for you, nor do they shoot for you so how can the shaft make the shooter play better?

No one has to date beaten Mosconi's 526 officially in the modern era. One guy got close with a 498 using a stock McDermott cue. If Predator shafts make players play better then there should be some stats amassed over the past 20 years to back it up. Where are they?

Instead, since the 1990 the majority of the world's major titles belong to players who played with Cuetec and Meucci cues iirc.

No doubt Predator shafts are nice as are all the "performance" shafts. But they all have very little actual verifiable data to back up any claims.

As for cases, protection is desired and people like to have pretty things that make them feel good. We service both in one package.

The stats are clear: more pros play with preds than any other brand. It is their performance that sets them apart in my opinion, not their LD qualities. Players in the uk don't know the brand for deflection, rather through how easily they spin the ball. This aspect is underplayed on azb.

You feel CTE makes you aim better, i feel predator shafts do the same, as well as providing all the juice you can handle. Best of both worlds - just don't get me started on their ferrules lol.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The stats are clear: more pros play with preds than any other brand. It is their performance that sets them apart in my opinion, not their LD qualities. Players in the uk don't know the brand for deflection, rather through how easily they spin the ball. This aspect is underplayed on azb.

You feel CTE makes you aim better, i feel predator shafts do the same, as well as providing all the juice you can handle. Best of both worlds - just don't get me started on their ferrules lol.

I agree that they seem to provide more juice but your buddy Pat Johnson does not agree. That doesn't make people play better though.

And no, I don't think more pros use predator than any other brand. Do you have a source to back this up?

I will agree that lots of players use Predator because Predator provides them with free shafts. I was at a world championship once where break cues were being handed out like candy on Halloween. Unfortunately for Predator that was a year where the soft break was the most effective.

I agree that they seem to provide more juice but your buddy Pat Johnson does not agree. That doesn't make people play better though.

And no, I don't think more pros use predator than any other brand. Do you have a source to back this up?

I will agree that lots of players use Predator because Predator provides them with free shafts. I was at a world championship once where break cues were being handed out like candy on Halloween. Unfortunately for Predator that was a year where the soft break was the most effective.

I doubt that many pros are sponsored by anyone, certainly not enough for them to play with their products on a contractual basis.

And PJ doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to shaft performance.

Their break cues are just plain good, as are Mezz.

mm4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check the logo on the front below the lower pocket.

this logo?

IMG_0430.jpg

Mike

Jma3458420

Just wanted to share a story about the exceptional service I received with JBCases. I bought a Rugged case from his booth at the Super Billiards Expo I am very happy with the cost of this case and the amount of protection it provides for my cues. I did have the clip on strap come apart, I just figured I was too rough on it. I then attended the TAP Nationals in Dallas and saw he had booth there, I went over to the booth with the intention of buying a new strap. As I was explaining to the lady at booth why I needed a new strap, she handed me a new one and told me to take it because they had some issues with them and have since changed the clip. I will also like to note that I did not even have the broken strap with me because I never expected them replace it like that. Thank you very much for this, very good of you to stand behind your product this way.

Jim Martin

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For all you guys that bought a basic custom case from JB, how long did it take to arrive? I asked him and got no answer so I'd like to estimate from other buyers. Thanks.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For all you guys that bought a basic custom case from JB, how long did it take to arrive? I asked him and got no answer so I'd like to estimate from other buyers. Thanks.

May I suggest you order from the inventory showing on his website(cases for sales) or Facebook. Take one from stock. They are ready to ship.

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May I suggest you order from the inventory showing on his website(cases for sales) or Facebook. Take one from stock. They are ready to ship.

Thanks but I wanted a 1x2 with my initials on it and there were none in stock. :wink:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks but I wanted a 1x2 with my initials on it and there were none in stock. :wink:

I emailed JB 2x. Got back to me once and but we could never complete the order. That's weird cause everyone is usually your best friend when an order is being placed.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

You asked me and got no answer?

I apologize for that, the answer is, for a basic custom it would be about 6-8 weeks for leather and about 4-6weeks for a rugged model.

You can also order from stock here

www.jbcases.com/forsale.html

or order a previously sold case and it will be made inside 4 weeks here

www.jbcases.com/sold.html

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I emailed JB 2x. Got back to me once and but we could never complete the order. That's weird cause everyone is usually your best friend when an order is being placed.

Sorry, I get 50 messages a day and don't answer them all right away. If I forget then those I forgot get pushed back.

The very best way to talk to me is actually to call me. That's has my immediate attention.

405-693-0386

Yes, I know I should be more diligent, more organized, more responsive...... I am just not and don't have whatever drugs would make me that way and don't have the willpower to change into that type of person.... but we do actually have other people on staff who would be happy to take your order. Send me a message on FB or another email since I don't know who you are from your azb name...and I will hook you up with them and make sure they get it done.

Best,

John

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update:

Matthew from JB Cases called me yesterday and went over my order to make sure everything was as I wanted it. He was very helpful and said it would take at the most 7 weeks, but probably a lot sooner. Can't wait to get my new case.

Thanks Matthew.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry, I get 50 messages a day and don't answer them all right away. If I forget then those I forgot get pushed back.

The very best way to talk to me is actually to call me. That's has my immediate attention.

405-693-0386
e.

Best,

John

OK...you're forgiven....but only because you make badass cases. If I really wanted to get in touch I would have pursued it.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey John

JB, I'm getting ready to order a 4x8 Ultimate Rugged case from you.

Have a couple of questions for you.

1) What is the difference between 1st generation and 2nd generation cases?

2) You have an option on your order form for storing a cue ball in the lid of the case. Would there be any way to change that to store joint protectors? Something along the line of an elastic strap material that would secure the joint protectors while having the cue(s) in play. Most likely a way to store four at a time.

Was thinking of a piece of elastic strap that has five stitch lines that are parallel, spaced at a distance where each joint protector would stay secure. Slip in/slip out quickly.

Getting tired of digging through pockets at the end of the night looking for joint protectors.