American 14.1.................

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that when someone gets on here and says "JS is on fire," because he won a couple of RR matches, you can and should expect push back.

I also think that, like so many other things in life, a big run is a double-edged sword. Yes, you get promotional value and a bump in esteem from fans. However, you also put a big fat blinking neon target on your back. *Every* player on Earth wants to knock off the 600 ball guy in a match.

Now, some guys are wired to thrive on that kind of energy and notoriety. Others, not so much.

Lou Figueroa

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
what happened in the Alex match?

It could’ve been the story of the tournament...the score was 149-48...Alex.
...he shot a dead combo for the win...but the ten ball was very close...
...he shot a little fast and a little hard...clipped the ten ball first...made the combo...
...but the cue ball scratched across table.
...Marco got into the 120s before he missed.

Alex got the his last two balls

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was close one for Alex. If Marco ran out Alex would have been having nightmares.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
That was close one for Alex. If Marco ran out Alex would have been having nightmares.

Messing up on that dead combo could’ve been worse than an occasional nightmare...
...he may have suffered necrophobia....:shocked2:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It could’ve been the story of the tournament...the score was 149-48...Alex.
...he shot a dead combo for the win...but the ten ball was very close...
...he shot a little fast and a little hard...clipped the ten ball first...made the combo...
...but the cue ball scratched across table.
...Marco got into the 120s before he missed.

Alex got the his last two balls

I may have a little more to say about this later (can't do it now).

By the way, are you going to Alex's HOF induction this coming week? Are you speaking?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well said! LOL.

Is Ruslan playing over his head or is he the greatest SP player to have ever lived?- I never saw Mosconi near prime but this guy looks like he could spot 200 on a thousand to Thorsten, Mika, Ortmann,Schmidt and anyone else this week! Wow!.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Is Ruslan playing over his head or is he the greatest SP player to have ever lived?- I never saw Mosconi near prime but this guy looks like he could spot 200 on a thousand to Thorsten, Mika, Ortmann,Schmidt and anyone else this week! Wow!.

I know what you mean. I've watched Ruslan play 14.1 many times at Derby City and, while he's always shown the aptitude to string long runs together, he's never shown the technical brilliance in his pattern play before that he displayed today. It was a performance for the ages and one worthy of study for all who wish to learn straight pool.

Ruslan's 175 to -2 win in the final was interrupted only by a break shot that didn't pay dividends. After running the first 99, Ruslan played safe and ultimately won control of the table again, after which he ran 76 and out, He never missed in a match to 175. That's pretty sporty.

Well played!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Wow is right....175 to minus 2....and Alex didn’t do much wrong...didn’t have a chance to.
...first Siberian 14.1 champ ever?

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My pick was Alex from the start, but NOBODY was beating Ruslan. I've never seen someone that "In the zone" before. Perfect flow.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way Ruslan played in this tournament was just amazing. Such a high level of performance...so smooth, relaxed, confident and a great rhythm. It was just a pleasure to watch him playing like this. Just WOW. Congrats to him for a very deserving win.
So much to learn how to play better this great game. It was a great tournament. I enjoyed the stream and the commentary very much.
Big thanks to the organizers and I wish there will be more in the future.

Seth C.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way Ruslan played in this tournament was just amazing. Such a high level of performance...so smooth, relaxed, confident and a great rhythm. It was just a pleasure to watch him playing like this. Just WOW. Congrats to him for a very deserving win.
So much to learn how to play better this great game. It was a great tournament. I enjoyed the stream and the commentary very much.
Big thanks to the organizers and I wish there will be more in the future.

I second those thanks to Peter Burrows, all the contributors, all the volunteers, and the excellent commentators.

One thing that REALLY surprised me. Neither one of the two finalists, nor Danny Barouty or Mika Immonen, nor any of those who were running the tournament and were there on site caught the error in having Alex play a second opening break shot after committing a standard foul (for scratching). And Barouty and Immonen openly admitted to not being knowledgeable about the rules relating to opening break fouls. Just very surprising.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just terrific...enjoyed it immensely. Chinahov was amazing. Shoots so straight. Very deserving win. 14.1 is one of the best games because there's little luck.