Hemicudas

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm saddened by the passing of my friend Hemicudas. He was a strong pool enthusiast who really had a great deal of passion for the game.

Bill used to share many of his pool adventures with our forum, and he used to run with the best of 'em.

I am going to add some of his best posts to this thread later, but if you have any to share, please do.

RIP, Bill. You will be missed by me. I hope you save a seat on the rail for me when we meet again! :smile:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Bill was good friend that was very supportive and kind to everybody he came in contact with. I enjoyed our e-mails, chatting on Facebook, and our phone calls that were filled with a lot of his stories and his thunderous laughter.

Bill's final post on Az generated our final phone conversation. He was in good spirits and we talked about how he planned to waste away the summer months. :D He ended all of our phone calls by telling me "Blackjack, you hang in there, buddy!"

I'm going to miss finding that unexpected voicemail or PM from Bill. He was very special. RIP.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll repeat what I posted in the other thread. I never met him in person but he gave me some great advice about pool once and without a doubt he was one of the more constructive members of this forum.

There are some people who you don't have to meet to know they are good people. He was one of them.

I never met the man and I'm very sad to hear this news, I can only imagine how bad his family and friends feel. My deepest condolences.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am sorry to hear of his passing.

I hope he was in Heaven for an hour before the devil knew he was gone.

Dave

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Bill had great knowledge of the game and freely shared it in a way that wasn't condescending to the newbie that I was back in 2006. He was one of the first persons to give me some green rep back then too.

He was definitely the type of member that this site needs more to be like.

Rest in peace, Bill. Thanks for all you did for me and others like me.

You are missed!!!

Tony "Maniac" Metz

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am very sorry to hear the sad news of his passing. He will really be missed.

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
$Bill was one of the first AZB members to welcome me to the forum, I told a story about Danny Jones, and Bill asked me if I was related to Country Calvin,
I said I was his younger brother by 10 yrs., then he and I shared a few stories about Buddy Hall and Reed Pierce, Bill sure did know all the ropes, he will be missed!

David Harcrow

powerlineman80

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didnt know him well but enjoyed his posts about the St. Louie Louie/Buddy Hall match. I always enjoyed his posts.:frown:

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill was a super nice guy. He had a wealth of knowledge about the game of pool and many players. He shared many stories on several pool forums and pool history is richer because of it. Thanks Bill, RIP, my friend.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It was 2004 and I was a relative newbie on AZB. Like most, I believed that the jump shot in pool had originated in the early 1980's with Earl Strickland, Sammy Jones, and Pat Fleming leading the way. But Bill had an awareness of the world of cuesports that was, to me, rather remarkable and I'll always remember this post he made in 2004, which made it clear that jumping had been around a full decade before those guys were experimenting with it:

Marcus Collier, the greatest Bumper Pool player that ever lived, use to carry a bumper pool cue with him for jumping balls on the pool table back in the early 1970s. This idea stuck in the minds of a few people and one of them decided to put a larger tip on it and sell it as a jump cue. TRIH..............................$Bill

I believed myself to be very knowledgeable about pool and it history, but I was absolutely shocked to learn that the jump shot traced some of its origin to the game of bumper pool.

The presence of Bill and a few other supergurus of cuesports and its history made me more excited about posting on AZB. Thanks for the memories, Bill. You'll be missed.

Last edited:

jackiestax

Banned
fond rememberance

Attachments

• HEMI.jpg
    HEMI.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 674