Table vacuum....

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any good picks of current vacs out there? Hand-helds or floor vac with hose attch.? Thanx

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use my shop vac, with the brush attachment on the hose. Works like a champ.:thumbup:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use my shop vac, with the brush attachment on the hose. Works like a champ.:thumbup:
That's what i'm talkin' about. The Kirby post kinda cracked me up. Not gonna spend a grand(or more) to clean a pool table.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what i hear. Just medium suction and a basic brush attatchment.

I've been doing it this way for 20 years, and my shop vac is 4.25 HP, so I don't think suction is a big problem. No rotating brushes on mine, and spinning around real fast while I'm cleaning the table, makes me dizzy and I fall down. So no issues there, either. :D

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what i'm talkin' about. The Kirby post kinda cracked me up. Not gonna spend a grand(or more) to clean a pool table.

I would never do that.
Picked up mine from a pawn shop
for $150 17 years ago.(all attachments included)
Still works as good as the day I bought it.

They can be had very cheap used and are built like
a tank.

Newer vacuums(dyson, etc) are built like a plastic
Chinese dollar store toy.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Cleaned rooms for years, only concern would be ''too much'' suction with your choice. I've always used the compact/tristar/Can type unit. It's a great Vacuum. I'm actually replacing the motor, after 30 years of usage. I also use it on the output side to clean my gutters, blows leaves out and also is powerful enough to blow away (if dry) the pebbles that come off your shingles and builds up in your gutters.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is what I use, a little Oreck with a brush attachment. I inherited an old Kirby years ago and it does have an attachment with a round brush, so I might just give it a try. My only concern with the old Kirbys is might they have too much suction for pool table cloth?
09650256d73e992cdcbec50f7465cf4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is what I use, a little Oreck with a brush attachment. I inherited an old Kirby years ago and it does have an attachment with a round brush, so I might just give it a try. My only concern with the old Kirbys is might they have too much suction for pool table cloth?
09650256d73e992cdcbec50f7465cf4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used it on my table.
Skinny edge attachment tilted to get under the rail.
Brush attachment for the cloth.
I've never had it pull up the cloth.

Use it on the floor, table, if your buddy spills a drink on the carpet:(
You can shampoo it.

It's worked well for me for a long time.
Parts are readily available and reasonable.
In my experience it has been great.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I would never do that.
Picked up mine from a pawn shop
for $150 17 years ago.(all attachments included)
Still works as good as the day I bought it.

They can be had very cheap used and are built like
a tank.

Newer vacuums(dyson, etc) are built like a plastic
Chinese dollar store toy.

I remember the Kirby man came to my mum’s house 15-20 years ago. Normally door to door types get the cold shoulder of course but this dude came packing a freaking vacuum of solid steel. The thing was indeed built like a tank.

I was only a scamp so I don’t remember if I ever used the thing or not but my mom loved it. Don’t know what happened to it but wherever it is I know it’s still kicking ass and sucking dirt.

I need something for my table as well. I made the mistake of not covering it for a year or two now it’s just all clogged up and a moist rag can’t cut it.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
…………………………………………………………..

Last edited:

crunchy1X

Registered
At our local billiards club, we have Dyson V8 Animal vacuum cleaners.

They're really great for vacuuming tables. The head is nice and wide and cleans the tables with only a few passes. At home, I've got a small handheld and it takes forever to vacuum with such a small tool.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I've used a rotating brush Shark handheld on my tables 2x per week, wet wipe them with a hot Woolight mix once a week, use X-1's several times a week and clean the balls a minimum 3x per week. We have league Mon.-Thurs, drunks Fri.-Sat. and free pool all day Sun. We get 3+ years of wear out of our Simonis 860HR. I have never seen anything bad that a rotating brush does to worsted wool cloth. Brian.

To augment that statement, I've never in all my years of being in a pool room, owning one, running many, and traveling all over the US, seen a successful large room use a ''rotating brush'' of any type ''on'' the cloth. Reason being, why would the room owner want to ''rub'' the cloth that much more.

3 yrs per recover...............hummmmmmmmmm.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
[/B]

To augment that statement, I've never in all my years of being in a pool room, owning one, running many, and traveling all over the US, seen a successful large room use a ''rotating brush'' of any type ''on'' the cloth. Reason being, why would the room owner want to ''rub'' the cloth that much more.

3 yrs per recover...............hummmmmmmmmm.
Kinda agree. 3yrs is a LONG time if you have any play volume at all.