Match Of The Century-Orcollo v Van Boening (Nov 7-9),10ball Race to 120 (Sterling VA)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
THE MATCH OF THE CENTURY
Dennis Orcollo vs Shane Van Boening
10 Ball Race to 120
NOV 7, 8 & 9 (Thu-Sat)
First Break Sports Bar, Sterling VA

Reportedly at least $100K in middle and increasing.

PPV $39.95 https://ppv.audiovideoweb.com/ppvlnk/info/grp/157058116626760?id=10072019190734

do svb.JPG

do svb2.JPG

do svb3.JPG

https://www.facebook.com/RoysBasement/posts/2489512407806675?__tn__=-R

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the start time for the SCB/Orcullo matches?

Probably same start time 5pm as the undercard match
This will go around 230 racks. so about 7 to 8 hours per day which means they have to start earlier than 7pm

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably same start time 5pm as the undercard match
This will go around 230 racks. so about 7 to 8 hours per day which means they have to start earlier than 7pm

Crazy that one can't find start times.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Century?? Eh...I wish it were one pocket, I just can’t get into these long rotation races. The case maker getting robbed by the retiree was more epic than this as far I’m concerned. Or at least more entertaining. The one thing that is amazing to watch in these long races is the focus and concentration put out by two world class athletes.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Start Times
startt.JPG

Roy claims estimated cost for this match is $35K which includes record appearance fees paid to both players (at least $10K each ?)

estcost.JPG

Also one player is apparently betting a considerable amount of his own $$. I wonder who is it? :D
ownmoney.JPG

They are also trying to figure out how to loop the video so that we all need not watch live for long periods. Good luck with the inflexible audiovideoweb.com platform
loop.JPG

Century?? Eh...I wish it were one pocket, I just can’t get into these long rotation races. The case maker getting robbed by the retiree was more epic than this as far I’m concerned. Or at least more entertaining. The one thing that is amazing to watch in these long races is the focus and concentration put out by two world class athletes.

Not a big fan of such long races also and much prefer watch major tournaments. More an endurance race and a narcissistic circus act by 2 players. But I will still tune in to watch parts LOL :thumbup::

Last edited:

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Do you have to purchase the entire event or can it be bought in days?

Also, what's the daily race to? 20? 25?

Is it winner breaks?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Is it winner breaks?

Is it winner breaks?

Have to purchase whole event all 3 days for $39.95 which is not attractive. They should have daily pass with final day price higher than first 2 days. But in such long long races, the first couple of days are usually "boring" so people usually buy final day which is why they only sell whole event.
I think with previous long races, they split the race by number of days so in this case probably 40, 80, 120. The danger with that is one player could be leading by big margin till last day and other player closes gap, they could end up with countless number of games and a long final day
Yes it is winner breaks

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have to purchase whole event all 3 days for $39.95 ...

Yes, all I see now is the 3-day pass for (essentially) $40. But I think I saw it yesterday or the day before also offered by the day -- about $15 for each of Days 1 and 2 and $20 for Day 3. Either I was looking at some other event, or I was dreaming, or they changed their minds.

[or it is still available by the day, and I just haven't found it]

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, all I see now is the 3-day pass for (essentially) $40. But I think I saw it yesterday or the day before also offered by the day -- about $15 for each of Days 1 and 2 and $20 for Day 3. Either I was looking at some other event, or I was dreaming, or they changed their minds.

[or it is still available by the day, and I just haven't found it]

Daily passes are now available for $14.95 (Day 1, Day 2). Day 3 is $19.95.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
When all is said and done this will be a very interesting match. Just about everyone thinks Shane is unbeatable in a long match like this. That is, everyone but Dennis and his backers. This match and it's outcome will be about more than just good pool playing and a hard break shot. This is a real test of endurance and stamina as well. I suspect we will see ebbs and flows throughout the course of the match. Remember it was in such a match (race to 120) that Efren made his storied comeback against Earl.

This is exactly what those people who complain that a single race to eleven is not long enough to determine the better player have been asking for. We will all get a chance to see if Dennis' reputation as a great money player is deserved or not. He is testing himself in a very long race against the best there is today, according to most folks.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
When all is said and done this will be a very interesting match. Just about everyone thinks Shane is unbeatable in a long match like this. That is, everyone but Dennis and his backers. This match and it's outcome will be about more than just good pool playing and a hard break shot. This is a real test of endurance and stamina as well. I suspect we will see ebbs and flows throughout the course of the match. Remember it was in such a match (race to 120) that Efren made his storied comeback against Earl.

This is exactly what those people who complain that a single race to eleven is not long enough to determine the better player have been asking for. We will all get a chance to see if Dennis' reputation as a great money player is deserved or not. He is testing himself in a very long race against the best there is today, according to most folks.

Which one of the two is betting a large amount on himself?

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have to purchase whole event all 3 days for $39.95 which is not attractive.

Daily passes have been available.

Looks interesting.

Not sure why a money match between two players is "narcissistic", lol. They want to play head to head and the money is right and someone wants to produce it, let 'em have at it.

Should be educational and fun.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a vid of rotation play between dodong and orcullo on Roy's Facebook. Check out the second rack. I quit.

Shane better come to play. Dennis stays in battle and Shane can't win every time.

Can he? :lmao::rotflmao::lmao:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But in such long long races, the first couple of days are usually "boring" so people usually buy final day which is why they only sell whole event.

I don't know, for me it is the opposite in most of these races. 120 of 10 Ball is overkill. The first couple of days are when it will be interesting and the third is just usually a long drawn out affair after it is has generally been decided by end of day 2. Maybe it will be tight but probably not. Although as the days progress they fall on better days for people to watch late.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it really gets down to a test of endurance, I'd think SVB has an edge.
Dennis is a smoker ('they' say) and is not in the physical shape SVB is in.
Shane trains like an athlete.
Time will tell.