NY Times article on John Schmidt's 626

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yup, I'll be picking up my copy of the New York Times today for sure.

brainbyte

Registered
If physical evidence (original uninterrupted video) is not made public...this is how you destroy the game of pool forever.....Having a huge media giant like NYT print a story that turns out to be unsubstantiated or found to be false, ends all credibility for the game of pocket billiards.
Player credibility is a big reason why this game suffered from success in popularity as a skilled sport or legitimate competitive sport.
Delay in the release of a video (for whatever the reason) has already done tremendous damage to the game!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If physical evidence (original uninterrupted video) is not made public...this is how you destroy the game of pool forever.....Having a huge media giant like NYT print a story that turns out to be unsubstantiated or found to be false, ends all credibility for the game of pocket billiards.
Player credibility is a big reason why this game suffered from success in popularity as a skilled sport or legitimate competitive sport.
Delay in the release of a video (for whatever the reason) has already done tremendous damage to the game!

The Billiard Congress of America has viewed the unedited videotape and "is proud to acknowledge John Schmidt's 626 run as the new 14.1 exhibition high run record."

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6457945&postcount=137

Balls

Big Brass Balls
Silver Member
Nice old article.. I like the governing body part which turns out to be shane and somebody else. Thanks funny.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice old article.. I like the governing body part which turns out to be shane and somebody else. Thanks funny.

How did you become such an angry negative old F#$#$ ...just asking for the rest of us so we don’t end up like you. Jesus there isn’t one positive thing you ever post about the game.. go find something else to do since it seems to make you so miserable.