Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Gold Crown 5 still not right!
Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Gold Crown 5 still not right!
Old
  (#1)
iinokeii
AzB Bronze Member
iinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Gold Crown 5 still not right! - 08-05-2019, 02:06 PM

So, back story...I been shooting pool for the good part of 20 years. Finally bought a house with a basement big enough to fit a tournament 9ft table. Very excited about getting a Pool table worth $10k+...Iíve worked hard and thought I earned it. Long story short, I bought a GC5 for my bday this year, Feb 2019. Set up took 6 hours, which I bought from a Johnson Fitness, they also included the delivery and set up. Beautiful table. But when set up was done, I shot... played fine the first week. But started shooting off. Noticed balls werenít rolling natural, had a curve to them when they were coming to a stop. Noticed pockets were not flushed, pockets made too much noise, even had the bold holding the slate come off and land on the ground. Pissed, I called and they came back out to fix the issue. I refused to have the same guys do it so they go t someone from corporate to come out and redo the job. 4hours later it looked and played better. But 2 months later, I noticed again the table played funny. Rolled was way off. Assuming the table sagged I looked under it to see the supports. To my belief, the 18 bolts around the frame were not even tightened. The 8 main bolts supporting the underside of the slate, not even touching the slate at all. No wonder thereís a sag.... what to do now? I reached out to the store manager, they know me by now... should I find another technician to level my table? Should I worry about the slate sag?

Old
  (#2)
Buzzard II
AzB Silver Member
Buzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 02:18 PM

When all else fails give John Burns from Classic Billiard Service a call, 410-935-3617 he's out of Maryland.

Jimmy 'da Vig

Player: Nice wood
Traveler: Plain wood

Old
  (#3)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-05-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iinokeii View Post
... To my belief, the 18 bolts around the frame were not even tightened. The 8 main bolts supporting the underside of the slate, not even touching the slate at all. No wonder thereís a sag.... what to do now? I reached out to the store manager, they know me by now... should I find another technician to level my table? Should I worry about the slate sag?
Have them give you your money back and get a better table. Rub their noses in it by having the owner/manager of the local store or regional sales director come out to look at it.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#4)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
08-05-2019, 02:32 PM

John is an excellent choice.

I am also in n. VA and he does serve our area.

Sorry to read about the service this far, but once right, that table will be beyond great and there will come a time when all the problems you shared were just a wrinkle you ironed out.

Congrats on the table, and even bigger, the house.

Old
  (#5)
iinokeii
AzB Bronze Member
iinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond reputeiinokeii has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard II View Post
When all else fails give John Burns from Classic Billiard Service a call, 410-935-3617 he's out of Maryland.
Thanks Jimmy. Corporate is looking into the issues I sent them. I wish I knew how to post pix on here, kept trying to upload and fail....

Old
  (#6)
iinokeii
AzB Bronze Member

08-05-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Have them give you your money back and get a better table. Rub their noses in it by having the owner/manager of the local store or regional sales director come out to look at it.
I got a GC5 because GC are the tables Iíve always shot on. Shouldíve gone with the Diamond ProAM and saved me $4k lol...

If itís not corrected this time, I might ask for a refund or replacement. Thanks.

Old
  (#7)
iinokeii
AzB Bronze Member

08-05-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Balled View Post
John is an excellent choice.

I am also in n. VA and he does serve our area.

Sorry to read about the service this far, but once right, that table will be beyond great and there will come a time when all the problems you shared were just a wrinkle you ironed out.

Congrats on the table, and even bigger, the house.
I truly hope this time around will have all the issues worked out. I really enjoy the table when it was shooting right. Only lasted a week tho....

Thanks,

Old
  (#8)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iinokeii View Post
I truly hope this time around will have all the issues worked out. I really enjoy the table when it was shooting right. Only lasted a week tho....

Thanks,
I would get away from company mechanics....
...those who created the problem are not going to solve it...
...itís like taking your car to Walmart

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#9)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 03:42 PM

Pay a 1st class mechanic to make it right. So you paid a little more but you'll enjoy it. Been there done that. The 5 is suppose to be a fabulous table. The Diamond is everything...built right, durable, plays great, but esthetically lacking for a home table. Sorry to hear but not surprised.

Brunswick sent the local authorized Brunswick techs to my house for warranty work and they were pretty bad. Do your research here and select one of Azb's guys. You'll get good referrals. I did.
Don't forget to negative review the vendor you bought it from when the table gets straightened out.

Welcome to AZB.

Favorite Game...Pocket a Piece
Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.
1P Instructor: Tom Wirth
Stroke Instructor: Scott Lee

I need more cues like a snail needs airbrakes

Last edited by GoldCrown; 08-05-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Old
  (#10)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P
GoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond reputeGoldCrown has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
Rub their noses in it by having the owner/manager of the local store or regional sales director come out to look at it.
As if they know what a quality set up is.

Instructional source: "One Pocket...A Game of Controlled Aggression" by Tom Wirth. This book is a players best friend.

Old
  (#11)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCrown View Post
The Diamond is everything...built right, durable, plays great, but esthetically lacking for a home table. .
There is no but. Diamond looks better too.

Old
  (#12)
RiverCity
~Chuck Fields~
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 04:06 PM

"Johnson Fitness"

Therein lies your problem.

You can buy a table anywhere as long as you are happy with the price, but when it comes to setting one up, selling tables does not usually equate to proper installation of tables.

Ask around your area (pool halls etc) who is the best in the area, and hire them to set it up correctly.

Old
  (#13)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

08-05-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
The 5 is suppose to be a fabulous table. The Diamond is everything...built right, durable, plays great, but esthetically lacking for a home table.

Welcome to AZB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
There is no but. Diamond looks better too.
Different strokes, i guess.....the Anniversary looked good as a commercial or home table..
...all the Gold Crown models, to me, look extremely commercial.

The old Brunswicks look good in a home....

Name:  1C2D9135-DF24-4EEC-8E45-B703C225821F.jpeg
Views: 888
Size:  46.5 KB

Which looks more like piece of furniture....a Diamond...

Name:  2BE62919-06F2-42FA-ADB7-74DC75D77DE4.jpeg
Views: 886
Size:  39.5 KB

..or a Gold Crown?

Name:  F17DBC22-74CB-41AC-B5CB-AC4EE615FAE5.jpeg
Views: 890
Size:  33.9 KB

To me , there is no contest.....Diamonds are forever

Lionize your game.

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#14)
GoldCrown
Be Creative...play 1P

08-05-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
...all the Gold Crown models, to me, look extremely commercial.

r
WHAT ??????? How dare you

Old
  (#15)
pt109
WO double hemlock

08-05-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
WHAT ??????? How dare you
GCs were one of my favorite tables growing up...I also loved Anniversaries.
...the Anniversary looks far better in a home.

Name:  64552003-C4FD-430D-BBD1-C048B8707B60.jpeg
Views: 816
Size:  45.5 KB

Name:  E770F6D6-FB33-4817-A7C7-397B5DC7A9BD.jpeg
Views: 822
Size:  40.5 KB

Next time you go shopping for furniture, just PM me....only to glad to help....

Lionize your game.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Page 1 of 8 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: