Cues Left In The Poolhall

highrun55

can`t make a ball anymore
Silver Member
I have been in business for 17 yrs now and for the last 3 or more years people have left their cues here in my cabinet and never come in anymore,I dont know what to do with them, I haven`t heard a word from or seen any of them.

They are in the way and I sure could use the money but sure as hell if I sell them they will come in looking for them, Do you have the same dilema and what would or did you do ?

Is it even legal to sell them ? Im lost at what to do HELP.

Thanks

Highrun55

Last edited:

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
I would first check with state law concerning abandoned property.

In Missouri you must make a good faith effort after 60 days to contact the owner. Here you must take out an ad in the public notice section of the local newspaper and document it. You can take out ONE ad for everyone involved and you are covered. Then you are free to sell the merchandise. If you are owed money on any of the abandoned property the rules are different.

I am sure it is different in MO than PA. Check with an attorney. We usually wait OVER one year even though state laws says 60-90 days we are free and clear of disposal of property. I have had customers die with expensive cues in their lockers and the wives would NEVER come into picking up the cues.

tshughes

Hughes Cues
Silver Member
Check the following link concerning unclaimed property in Pennsylvania. http://www.toolkit.com/small_business_guide/sbg.aspx?nid=P06_3295

The way it reads is that unclaimed property must remain in your possession for three years and you must try to contact the owner if address is known. If not the property can be turned over to the state and the owner has to then claim the property from them. It also states heavy fines can be imposed for not following the procedures. I however would check with a lawyer on what procedures need to be followed. Your town may have different rules for this purpose. It also states that the type of property also determines what will need to be done. Something simple as a cue may not be that big of a deal but I would check first.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I have been in business for 17 yrs now and for the last 3 or more years people have left their cues here in my cabinet and never come in anymore,I dont know what to do with them, I haven`t heard a word from or seem any of them.

They are in the way and I sure could use the money but sure as hell if I sell them they will come in looking for them, Do you have the same dilema and what would or did you do ?

Is it even legal to sell them ? Im lost at what to do HELP.

Thanks

Highrun55

I think it is a Moral dilemma, I don't think I could sell some one else's property with a clear conscience if I gave them a place to store their cues. Now if these cues were brought in for repairs and the work was completed and they were never picked up that is different story. I will only hold items that have been repaired for 1 year and then I will sell them to get what I am owed.

JIMO