Stop by my Derby City Blog for all the Derby News

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
I already have a lot of information on there.I will be updating this blog daily while I am there with many reports. There will be pics, reports among other things. Maybe if I have time to encode a video here and there too, providing the bandwidth is good.:smile: I will also be posting Twitter updates thru all 9 days too.

I am going to be focusing on the "action", as opposed to the tournament standings.

Please be sure to read about my project I will be undertaking, while there.
http://oldpoolhall.com/dcc/?p=5

http://oldpoolhall.com/dcc/

Bookmark it !!!!

See all of you there...

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
anybody read anything on this blog?

Just curious if it was worth putting together or not

You never know, unless you get some kind of feedback

and all feedback is welcome!:)

Negative or Positive

I'm a big boy, I can handle it:eek:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
It will be cool to see how it develops. I predict something like this:

Day 1: "Wooo Hoooo!!!"

Day 3: "Lots of action"

Day 5: "These people smell funny"

Day 7: "Buffet. Again."

Day 9: "Sleep. For a month."

:D

See you next week sir. Keep up the great work

JStarkweather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a great idea. I captured lots of pictures when I was there that I hope to keep for sharing someday. Capturing the atmosphere of the tournament room & the action is something that will interest a lot of people, both to those who have been & to those that haven't. But I'm sure it will make them want to even more & plan a trip for future DCC's. Being such a fan of pool & players, it was cool to see a couple of champions just hit balls, chatting, & just hanging out & relaxing. I hope others will do the same & get some other aspects of the DCC that people will enjoy, like the woofing & hilarious banter between two entertaining players.

JasonDevanney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great blog!

Nice video of you running a 10 Ball rack.

And nice comments at the end of your video. I'm glad you overcame any hurdles that got in your way for your passion for pool. Your stance and stroke may look odd but at the end of the day it works wonders for you and you can still pocket balls...........To those people that snicker at you, just remember this little saying.......

"You laugh at me because I'm different........I laugh at you because you all the same!!!!"

Keep at it Pal!!!!

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I already have a lot of information on there.I will be updating this blog daily while I am there with many reports. There will be pics, reports among other things. Maybe if I have time to encode a video here and there too, providing the bandwidth is good.:smile: I will also be posting Twitter updates thru all 9 days too.

I am going to be focusing on the "action", as opposed to the tournament standings.

Please be sure to read about my project I will be undertaking, while there.
http://oldpoolhall.com/dcc/?p=5

http://oldpoolhall.com/dcc/

Bookmark it !!!!

See all of you there...

Good job Gregster...I know you will do well..:thumbup:

PS..Most importantly though,....Don't forget the doorknob signals..:tongue:

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
Thanks for the comments guys/gals! Now I know there are at least a few that have looked at.... that's all I needed to know.... it's all worth it then:)

I really hope I am able to bring back some good footage and be able to edit it all together to produce something that will eventually end up in a lot of people's hands, and possibly inspire even more people to go to this one of a kind event. At the most, if I can put at least 15 more people in the stands next year, I would consider that a success of the idea. At the least, I hope to preserve a lot of footage that people will be able to view for decades to come.

These next 4 days at work are going to crawl by... I got more important things to do:D

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anybody read anything on this blog?

Just curious if it was worth putting together or not

You never know, unless you get some kind of feedback

and all feedback is welcome!:)

Negative or Positive

I'm a big boy, I can handle it:eek:

By all means do it there are no guarantees. But as they said in the movie, "Build it and they will come". Also once done it will be there for people to read in the future.

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really nice site, Cali. I can understand your excitement for the Derby there is really nothing else like it. I will say hi.