Another Pete Tonkin...

boti2634

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good evening, all!

Since I was on a roll, I figured I'd post my next one...

This also happens to be a design Pete and I worked on together, and that I picked up right before the SBE. All inlays are ivory and silver.

I just want to mention that while Pete's execution speaks for itself, he's also one of the nicest individuals I've ever had the pleasure of meeting; a true gentleman to work with.

Hope you enjoy!

Have a great evening!

- Paul

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not easily impressed with cues and call 'em as I see 'em which has pissed off some Azers.
This is one hell of a nice cue design and the workmanship appears to be meticulous.
But better than that is the design symmetry....the spacing, width & position on the inlays.

Nice rings, pretty veneers, beautiful honey tone forearm that accentuates the veneer colors.
It looks like the butt could be ivory but if it is, it's larger than any on my pool cues. Overall, a
really sharp design and maybe even a cue of the year candidate for 2014.....Really well done.

Matt B.

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Classic Bushka colours and ringwork but with modern twist on Inlays. Really good looking. I'd go with white with green spec cortland to give it an even more retro look but that's just my preference :) that said the pig skin wrap on it looks great as is too.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jive.....Cortland #9 would have been the perfect wrap for this design but one has to like Cortland,
which is hardly like today's current linen wraps. Nonetheless, you could probably use plain brown
butcher paper as the cue wrap and this cue would still look handsome.

Pete Tonkin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cues

I want to take the time to let everyone know that my son Arthur does all of our V groove point and veneer work. I am very proud of him his miters and overall veneer work is clean and crisp.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look for Arthur Tonkin to follow in Dad's footsteps.

Pete, your son does amazing work and you have to beam with pride he's learning the craft of making pool cues.

Matt B.