Contest to win one of three OB Plus shafts

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
We are running a contest on our Facebook page right now to give away an OB Plus shaft of your choice to three lucky winners.

To enter you must post a video to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/obcues and the video needs to be of you stating A: What you think of our company OB cues and B: Why you think you should win an OB shaft.

The video should be no more than 30 seconds and should be suitable for viewers of all ages.

The three winners will be chosen at random from all of the entries we receive. Videos must be posted on our page www.facebook.com/obcues no later than Tuesday March 31st 2015 at 11.59pm EST and then we will announce the winners on April 1st 2015. The contest is open to anyone anywhere and we will ship the shafts to the winners free of charge. Good luck to all who enter!

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to be negative but, it sounds like we need to have an OB already to really know what we like about it and your company. Seems like you might want to give some of us who would like to try one a chance.
Don't know what you are trying to accomplish for sure but it appears you are looking for feedback.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see anything that says you have to own one to participate, just share what you think of them.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Not to be negative but, it sounds like we need to have an OB already to really know what we like about it and your company. Seems like you might want to give some of us who would like to try one a chance.
Don't know what you are trying to accomplish for sure but it appears you are looking for feedback.

Sedog, thanks for the feedback. As slide13 mentioned, you do not need to have an OB already, we are just asking for feedback on video as to what people think of our company and why they want to win an OB Plus shaft.

As far as what we are trying to accomplish, we just thought it would be cool to give some free OB shafts away in a Facebook contest.

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are running a contest on our Facebook page right now to give away an OB Plus shaft of your choice to three lucky winners.

To enter you must post a video to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/obcues and the video needs to be of you stating A: What you think of our company OB cues and B: Why you think you should win an OB shaft.

The video should be no more than 30 seconds and should be suitable for viewers of all ages.

The three winners will be chosen at random from all of the entries we receive. Videos must be posted on our page www.facebook.com/obcues no later than Tuesday March 31st 2015 at 11.59pm EST and then we will announce the winners on April 1st 2015. The contest is open to anyone anywhere and we will ship the shafts to the winners free of charge. Good luck to all who enter!

Sounds Awesome! I actually posted a video for the contest today (March 27). Will the video's be for anyone to see or kept private until winners are chosen? Reason I ask is that I don't see my video on the website. I really don't care to see it but making sure I've done it correctly......:thumbup:

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Sounds Awesome! I actually posted a video for the contest today (March 27). Will the video's be for anyone to see or kept private until winners are chosen? Reason I ask is that I don't see my video on the website. I really don't care to see it but making sure I've done it correctly......:thumbup:

Don't see yours. Please make sure you post it to https://www.facebook.com/obcues

They are not kept private and you will see a couple of videos on there that were posted already.

mristea

Pool maniac
Silver Member
Tried to post my video on your facebook page, but it doesn't apper on the page, although it said it was uploaded...strange...I can only notice my post "Hi OB! Here is my OB+ shaft contest video."...

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member

Attachments

• OB facebook, post video.jpg
    OB facebook, post video.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 209

ronlovespool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The winners have been chosen. Two of the winners didn't even say what they think of the company and there video was over 30 seconds. If the videos where chosen at random why where they drawn hours apart?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Look, let's make this easier. Send me an OB shaft and I'll make a video saying how great it is. :)

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Hi Shane,

I tried to post my video by using the Photo/Video button on the OB FaceBook page, but so far nothing's happend. (I'm not a frequent FB user so I'm probably doing something wrong).

The video is up on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Ih7qVlQgQ&feature=youtu.be

Bob,

You did it right and your video did get uploaded to our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205388101775160

We also shared it on our page on Monday. Very cool and funny video thanks for entering!

ronlovespool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane Sinnott if the winners were chosen at random like you said they would be, why were they drawn hours apart.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
The winners have been chosen. Two of the winners didn't even say what they think of the company and there video was over 30 seconds. If the videos where chosen at random why where they drawn hours apart?

We were not going to be big sticklers regarding exactly what was said in the videos or the length of the videos. We just wanted the videos to be appropriate for all viewers and hopefully have some people say some nice things about us and/or our products.

We said that the videos SHOULD be no more than 30 seconds, we did not say that they CAN'T be more than 30 seconds and we did not say that we would not consider a video that was more than 30 seconds.The reason we said that the videos SHOULD be no more than 30 seconds was because if we did not say this, then we would have most likely received a lot more longer videos than we received and someone from our company had to watch every video from start to finish to make sure the content was appropriate.

By saying that the videos SHOULD be no more than 30 seconds, it resulted in most people sending us videos that were about 30 seconds long which is what we were hoping for. Of course there were a few exceptions and we did get a few videos that were 1 or 2 minutes but we still accepted those entries as those people went to the trouble of making a video and entering our contest which we appreciate.

The videos were drawn at random early this morning. They were announced on our Facebook hours apart, they were not drawn hours apart as you mentioned. We spaced out the announcements to not fill up peoples newsfeeds with 3 videos back to back to back so we spaced them out at least an hour apart.

I hope this clears things up.

If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
I would have liked to participate in this contest, but I'm a little too private of a person to post a video of myself for all the world to see.