cue tip pad

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
what are these wafers you are talking about? A picture would be fine. AFAIK they use brass ferrules, so there is no need for a pad in snooker.

About OB shaft pads, I wonder if they are carbon is it correct to still name them fiber pads???

LAlouie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all.
Has anyone used a cue tip pad between the ferrule and cue tip? I am replacing my tip with a moori V and thought a pad might be appropriate to improve the feel of the hit when using a med/hard or hard tip. Also what are thoughts on OB shafts?

Thanks for any info,
Henry Rancourt

You won't tell the difference. A pro might though. The Moori is a layered tip and you would be merely adding yet another layer. It is redundant and unnecessary. Their cautionary use is for ivory ferrules but as far as feel goes, you won't tell the diff.

Last edited:

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all.
Has anyone used a cue tip pad between the ferrule and cue tip? I am replacing my tip with a moori V and thought a pad might be appropriate to improve the feel of the hit when using a med/hard or hard tip. Also what are thoughts on OB shafts?

Thanks for any info,
Henry Rancourt

I have used them, I do not notice any difference in "Hit" or "Feel", but I will say that from my experience, unless installed correctly & using an epoxy instead of CA, I've had more tips pop off a shaft that had these fiber pads installed. So I would only use them if necessary such as installed on ivory, and I would be sure and use epoxy for the install.

that's just my 2 cents though.. I'm sure other have a lot more experience with these then I do!

Subject related:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=271954
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

LAlouie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have used them, I do not notice any difference in "Hit" or "Feel", but I will say that from my experience, unless installed correctly & using an epoxy instead of CA, I've had more tips pop off a shaft that had these fiber pads installed. So I would only use them if necessary such as installed on ivory, and I would be sure and use epoxy for the install.
:

Questions

1...Did you prepare both surfaces before gluing.
2...Did you put the glue on a BARE tip bottom.

Glue on a fresh leather tip gets absorbed quickly into the leather. You have to seal the leather and then glue it to the ferrule.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't bother installing one. You won't feel the difference. And a lathe is a requirement when installing one. Cannot be done properly without one. That stuff is hard (practically impossible) to work with by hand.

stick130

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started playing with an OB-1 after using the Predator.314. Way more english using the same stroke. Takes a while to get use to it, I'm glad I took the time.I have no interest in a newer OB, don't want to change my stroke anymore. If you opt for a wooden ferrule, hard to get use to that white thing on the end of your shaft.