Stupid pool question of the day

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
pool-cue-the-intimidator.jpg

The only saving grace that cue has....you don’t have to post the money....
...if you happen to win,,,,you WILL get paid.

Muddog

Registered
I use my old Huebler (only cue I owned till I bought a break cue) with le pro tip and silver cup.

Now I can blame loss on not spending thousands on equipment or not spending hundreds on practice time at the hall

It does make wins against the guy with the 5000$ cue, cf shaft, and tip that cost more than I spend eating every week coated in 20$ chalk feel all the sweeter

Pangit

Banned
I use my old Huebler (only cue I owned till I bought a break cue) with le pro tip and silver cup.

Now I can blame loss on not spending thousands on equipment or not spending hundreds on practice time at the hall

It does make wins against the guy with the 5000$ cue, cf shaft, and tip that cost more than I spend eating every week coated in 20$ chalk feel all the sweeter

Now that you mention cue tip chalk. Is "Pre-Flag" Master really any better than "Post-Flag" Master? Is it worth the money and the redass to get it? Does is improve your game?

I'm a different player with "Magic Chalk" type thing? If I were a chalk snob...if push came to shove, I'd probably go with one of those little fancy 32$ a pop Super Samara pieces of chalk from Japan.

I was stationed in Japan for three years, it changed my game
:yeah:

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Now that you mention cue tip chalk. Is "Pre-Flag" Master really any better than "Post-Flag" Master? Is it worth the money and the redass to get it? Does is improve your game?

I'm a different player with "Magic Chalk" type thing? If I were a chalk snob...if push came to shove, I'd probably go with one of those little fancy 32$ a pop Super Samara pieces of chalk from Japan.

I was stationed in Japan for three years, it changed my game
:yeah:

Tweeten swears up and down that pre-flag and post-flag Master chalk is 100% the same formula. Locals in my area swear that post-flag Master chalk is more dry and noticeably flakey. Hard to say if that affects miscuing or is just visual. Whether true or urban legend, I consider chalk a throwaway commodity and wouldn’t bother chasing an out-of-production version of any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I believe that Tweeten still makes Master chalk without the flag on the wrapper.

I recall that a while back someone asked Tweeten management if there was any difference in the chalk composition pre-flag vs flag and they said no difference. IIRC they said they added the flag to the wrapper as a display of patriotism following 9-11.

No idea if they still produce the no-flag wrappers.

best,
brian kc

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recall that a while back someone asked Tweeten management if there was any difference in the chalk composition pre-flag vs flag and they said no difference. IIRC they said they added the flag to the wrapper as a display of patriotism following 9-11.

No idea if they still produce the no-flag wrappers.

best,
brian kc
Skip said that years ago. Rumor got out(i bit for a while) that pre-flag had mercury or plutonium or some shit that made it stick together better. Pure bs. I sent Skip a msg. and he told me the 9/11 story. I haven't seen new Master without flag in years. BTW, if you like Tweeten chalk try BlueDiamond. They make it special for Longoni. Really good at a decent price.

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hell yes

The more expensive your cue, the more tracks you can run. And the more cues you own, the more you are respected by other players.

Chuck starkey
Cue builder and I have cues for sell

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The more expensive your cue, the more tracks you can run. And the more cues you own, the more you are respected by other players.

Chuck starkey
But if you don't use a $30 piece of chalk, they will see that you're just a pretender.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
you can however hide a cheap piece of chalk in a 100 dollar pocket chalker holder and no ones none the wiser

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are some cuemakers who make cues with a more consistently good hit. Some of them charge a lot and others not so much.

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so there you have it

Chuck starkey

Absolutely correct, take away their fancy cues and those pros couldn't play a lick.
I don't want here about SVB, I have it on good authority that his cue is really a
expensive cue painted to look like a cue tech. You want to be good and have friends
this is the way.
jack

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely correct, take away their fancy cues and those pros couldn't play a lick.
I don't want here about SVB, I have it on good authority that his cue is really a
expensive cue painted to look like a cue tech. You want to be good and have friends
this is the way.
jack
I really hope you're joking. Is it April 1st?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
this is the way.
jack

I really hope you're joking. Is it April 1st?

You should know Jack by now...he’s like a polite Ricky Gervais

JazzboxBlues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To me it’s what I find that I like and adjust to. So far I’ve had 2 cues I’ve used predominantly, including to break. A Southwest for my first go around of playing. Which incidentally I sold it because I blamed a slump on it when in reality it was a hand injury. I never liked the cue I replaced it with. I then walked away for almost a decade.

I’m now playing with a Josey sneaky that I’ve become very comfortable with. I have another cue that I can get action out of easier than the Josey but I stick with the Josey because I like it. So for me it’s what I like more than cost. Although I have been eyeing up another cue that’s in another price category than the Josey. I do know I like flat faced big pin cues for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

whiteoak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course not. Spend some time checking out all the house cues you can. When you find the one you like, I heard you mention stealing it. Then have a tip put on, (don't pay the guy), then steal some chalk and a scuffer and you be all set, you might have to steal a case also!

Might even be able to steal a cool ride in the parking lot too.:smile::smile:

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like powdet

Why would you use talcum? Makes a mess, if your hand are clean, or gloved your problem is solved.

I love it. I dump a whole pile in my hands clap them together and make a big white cloud. After a short time it's hard to find the cue ball. If it bothers my opponent that's all the better. A glove? Looks like a Michael Jackson wantobe.
Jack

Pangit

Banned

Chuck starkey

Let's Keep the retired Custom Cue builders Great Again. Where is Bill Stroud? :thumbup:

Who actually invented Ferrurle-less cues? You must have "stole" that idea from someone?

Why aren't any of the top pros' playing with Ferrurle-less cues these days or "ever" for that matter?

th