Scam or Honest Mistake?

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to know. Glad slozen hs been defended.

We should remember that not everyone has this e-commerce thing down.

And hold those who sell to us to the standards they portray.

If you are told you did something wrong , you fix it . If he can't change the picture ,take it down and start over If you don't, your knowingly misrepresenting it, and it is no longer a mistake ,which then means you are a crook , pretty simple

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are told you did something wrong , you fix it . If he can't change the picture ,take it down and start over If you don't, your knowingly misrepresenting it, and it is no longer a mistake ,which then means you are a crook , pretty simple

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
just last week a few of my buddies contacted me wondering why my table was listed for sale on local CL and it turned out to be another az member who happens to live within 20-30 miles of me. His table was also a tangerine GC1 but I think it was disassembled and unbeknownst to him, he used pics that were my table which he thinks he found on Google Images. So it was an innocent attempt at using the equivalent of a stock photo. When I contacted him about it he was apologetic and since I like this particular fellow I had no problem with him continuing to use the pic. I did ask for a $2.00 royalty though. :grin-square:

It happened one other time showing up on a west coast CL ad

A good takeaway lesson for all of us is that whatever pics we post can, and apparently often do end up on Google Images and, I'm sure, other image mining sites. fyi, my table pics that ended up on Google were orig posted here on az.

best,
brian kc

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Pictures of my own pool ball collection from the AZB thread have appeared on eBay once or twice without my permission, purportedly for sale.

I don’t much care for such a practice, even if the vendor is selling something very similar or identical. It strikes me as underhand. I believe the buyer has a right to see the exact item(s) on which he is bidding.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I think the seller should at least make it clear in the description if they are using a stock photograph.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Post an image on the 'net and it's there forever, for anybody to do as they wish.

From pool tables to your grandchildren, please consider what you share.

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Answer to this thread

Hi,
I have known Karl Sloezen for quite a few years and consider him a good friend.

Having seen this post I have spoken to him about it as he does not follow AZB.
Karl had not spoken to the OP Pogmothoin but had spoken to the OP's friend who was interested in purchasing a table.

Karl said he did send pictures to the OP"s friend of the restored and disassembled Gold crown 1. He said he did send a picture that he found on Google Images that would represent how it would look when assembled.It would appear that the picture found on Google images is of the OP's table. He said he was very clear to state that the picture was not the table that was for sale.

I had seen the blue table restored in his shop including the ash tray castings although it was disassembled.
If anyone would like to discuss this with me please feel free to do so.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Hi,
I have known Karl Sloezen for quite a few years and consider him a good friend.

Having seen this post I have spoken to him about it as he does not follow AZB.
Karl had not spoken to the OP Pogmothoin but had spoken to the OP's friend who was interested in purchasing a table.

Karl said he did send pictures to the OP"s friend of the restored and disassembled Gold crown 1. He said he did send a picture that he found on Google Images that would represent how it would look when assembled.It would appear that the picture found on Google images is of the OP's table. He said he was very clear to state that the picture was not the table that was for sale.

I had seen the blue table restored in his shop including the ash tray castings although it was disassembled.
If anyone would like to discuss this with me please feel free to do so.

Thanks for clearing this up. If this is true, Pogmothoin needs to explain why he was confused or might think it was a scam. Does he have the email? Did he not see the circumstances? Why come here publicly without checking out the facts?

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
That sounds very reasonable, sir.

If the gentleman made it clear that it was a borrowed photograph to illustrate what the table would look like when assembled, that is perfectly fair.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
That sounds very reasonable, sir.

If the gentleman made it clear that it was a borrowed photograph to illustrate what the table would look like when assembled, that is perfectly fair.

I just stole this pic from you....should I be feeling guilty?

306E79E1-C137-4D33-B391-9317FBB3E410.jpeg

I’ve used a lot of pics from the NET...only rarely have I declared them ‘stolen’....
...and even more rarely have I declared ‘stolen from who’....
...how out of line am I?...(I’m not being a wiseguy, I’m legitimately curious.)

If I was selling something and felt it convenient to use an existing picture...
...I would certainly declare a caveat that it was not the actual item.

By the way....I’ve been to the Crucible a few times...if I had been aware of you then,
I would have offered to buy you a drink....maybe I’ll bid on a Delorean and make amends.
:)

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I think we can class that as fair usage, Mr P. :)

To be honest, sir. I'm flattered whenever anyone takes the time to visit my picture gallery.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Most forum members copy pictures from time to time I should imagine. I certainly have on occasion. I would suggest it is when one does so in order to sell something it is important to be absolutely clear in the description.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think we can class that as fair usage, Mr P. :)

To be honest, sir. I'm flattered whenever anyone takes the time to visit my picture gallery.

I subscribed to the thread after first reading...I visit regularly.
The only part that bothers me is the purple five ball....:angry:
..to me, it’s like declaring that a red traffic light now means ‘GO’

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Ah well, dear fellow, perhaps it is those little frustrations that makes us appreciate all the good things even more?

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where did he get pictures of your table? Did your pool player associate have pictures of your table? It sounds more like confusion to me.

The picture in question has been posted on this site. It's my table, in my basement, it's my picture. Feel free to use it if you like but please don't represent you did the work.

Last edited:

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Confused here. Just how are you involved? You aren't selling are you? Where's the scam? What am i not seeing here? Looks like whatever is gong down is between those other two. I'd just stay away from all of it.

There's someone out there misrepresenting his work at best. If he wasn't using pics of my table to do so I wouldn't be involved at all.