Reputable Collectible Cue Dealer Recommendations?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m needing to sell a collectible cue I’ve had for 40 years, due to financial obligations - trying to keep our pool room open through these tough times. Could anyone Recommend and provide me Contact info for a reputable buyer/seller collectible Cue dealer, who will give me a fair price for my cue and a hassle free transaction?

I’m assuming to cover myself, I would require payment in full before sending them the cue, while offering a full $ refund guaranteed, no questions asked, if they decide to return the cue within 1 week of receiving the cue?

If anyone is more comfortable responding with this info via private message, that would be fine – thanks

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depending on the quality of the individual cue, you might try Tom Watters at Recollection cues..

http://www.recollectioncues.com/

It’s also worth posting here. Dealers are looking to resell as a rule. You may actually get a better price, closer to the actual current value, from someone who simply wants it for himself…

Plus, we want to see it. Don’t leave us hanging!

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris...You could also try Joe Salazar or Cornerstone Cues out of Detroit. They both buy and sell collectible cues. There's also Will Prout (ibuycues here on Azb) out of Kansas City, and Rick Goulden out of Des Moines IA, both have big collections.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
It would help to see the cue, but Joe Van Buren, Classiccues.

All the best,
WW

middleofnowhere

Registered
I’m needing to sell a collectible cue I’ve had for 40 years, due to financial obligations - trying to keep our pool room open through these tough times. Could anyone Recommend and provide me Contact info for a reputable buyer/seller collectible Cue dealer, who will give me a fair price for my cue and a hassle free transaction?

I’m assuming to cover myself, I would require payment in full before sending them the cue, while offering a full $ refund guaranteed, no questions asked, if they decide to return the cue within 1 week of receiving the cue?

If anyone is more comfortable responding with this info via private message, that would be fine – thanks
Make sure you know what you are doing and creating a paper trail. Collectables are taxed at around 28%. If you are dealing with a legitimate dealer he may file honestly.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Chris,

Good move to sell the cue. I just wanted to say in addition to the PPP with recently modified payback rules, you may also be able to get a low interest SBA loan. I was offered an SBA $150,000 loan @ 3.75%, with monthly payments starting 12 months after closing. This was directly from the SBA. If I recall it was like a 30 year loan. I didn't need it but I thought it was a nice gesture. Good luck.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I'm not sure anybody is willing to send you money upfront. Most guys take the cue on consignment, then sell it taking their percentage and giving you the rest.

Anyway, you can try Bill Lister at www.billiardbills.com

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Post pics, plenty of buyers right here on AZ and you'll get many opinions on "retail" value that are pretty trustworthy.

Poolhalljunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Collectable cues

Mike Hoang, OmegaBilliards.com He is also on FaceBook, has a pretty extensive selection of reputable custom cues.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue Dealer Recommendations

AZB Name IBUYCUES Will Prout is a big collector of certain cues. I highly recommend him since I sold him a cue for 10,000.00. I sent the cue to the cue maker for approval BEFORE he paid me. The cue maker approved the cue and Will overnighted me a check. He is a great guy and can be completely trusted. Send him a private message and tell him what kind of cue it is.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post pics, plenty of buyers right here on AZ and you'll get many opinions on "retail" value that are pretty trustworthy.
I just didn’t know if it was appropriate to do on this form. Is there a sub forum on AZ that would be more appropriate to be doing this? Also, I know it’s a lame excuse but I’m not good with technology stuff. Although I know how to take a photo on my phone and text it to someone, I don’t know how to post any photos from my phone to one of my posts on this forum. Thanks

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reveal the cue-maker and you will get more responses.

Bill Grassley at Cornerstone Cues is great; I bought a couple of cues.
Martin at Superior Cues too, plus Mark K. at Classic Cues. as well as Joe VB.
Don’t forget Cleiton Rocha. There could be lots of people.

But it all depends on the cue-maker, the condition & design.
You can rely on any of these gentlemen for honesty & trust.

Matt B.

MANPUSS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pics or it dont exist lol just kidding . you gotta throw us a friggin bone .

whats the cue??

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pics or it dont exist lol just kidding . you gotta throw us a friggin bone .

whats the cue??
I appreciate all the responses and leads I've received so far. I've been busy at the pool room / grill re-opening this week, so I haven't had a chance to follow up on any of the leads offered here yet.

It's a 4 point Gus Szamboti, 2 shafts with ivory ferrules, early 1980s, which I've owned for all but 1-2 years since a friend of mine who just by chance ordered it direct from Gus on a recommendation from someone he knew that advised him that Gus made a nice cue. We both lived in the northeast at that time. At the time of our transaction, neither of us knew what it would eventually be worth. Luckily I held on to it before finding out what I had, which was not until around 10 years later. I think I paid him likely what he paid for it when he ordered it.

I have no clue how to post a photo from my phone to a post or reply on here.

Last edited: