Mesquite Ricco Cervantes Cue with Two Shafts

noddon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is a unique, rare, vintage Ricco Cervantes pool cue with two original shafts in fine condition. It is made of Mesquite wood, which is a very hard and durable wood. It has four Cocobolo points and four Cocobolo rings above the wrap and four Cocobolo rings below the wrap. Ricco made many of his unique cues out of unusual wood, and when I bought this cue, he said if I didn't like it, I could always put it on the grill LOL! I bought this cue and two shafts directly from Ricco before he retired in 1995. This cue includes provenance which is a Certificate of Authenticity filled out and signed by Ricco when I bought the cue. I shot about 5 or 6 balls (not games) with this cue and shafts, then cased it where it has remained ever since. Other than chalk on the tips, this cue is in the same condition as the day I bought it. As was his custom, this cue is autographed by Ricco on the butt sleeve. It has a fine Irish Linen wrap and the cue is approx. 58" long and weighs approx. 20 oz. with both shafts. The cue is straight with no dings or scratches. Ricco was one of the last "old school" cue makers, as he made his cues entirely by hand. A picture and write-up of Ricco is in the Billiard Encyclopedia (page 355) which states that, "Ricco's cues are fine playing tools as well as exceptional sights to behold." "He was a true artisan and his contributions to the craft of cuemaking combine old world tradition with a personal style that made his cues unique." Note that any white lines, dots, etc. are only camera reflections. This cue and two original shafts are very rare and unique, as all of Ricco's cues were all hand-made and one-of-a-kind. I am selling this cue and two shafts for $499 or best offer. If interested, contact me at noddon1@aolo.com.

Attachments

• Ricco-Mesquite 004.jpg
    Ricco-Mesquite 004.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 662
  • Ricco-Mesquite 023.jpg
    Ricco-Mesquite 023.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 559
  • Ricco shaft - 2 001.jpg
    Ricco shaft - 2 001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 555
  • Ricco_Cues_Certificate.PDF
    82.7 KB · Views: 108