Could anyone get hold of Dennis Searing?

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's what happened:
Before I sent the cue to Dennis, I contacted him(April 22nd 2014) and ask for price quote for refinish and new shafts. He responded right away and quoted me the price and told me it will be done and shipped back to me within 2-3weeks once he received the cue. So I shipped the cue on 26th April 2014 and paid $1075 via bank wire transfer to his account too.

He received the cue on the 1st of May. And he sent me an email on May 14th saying he received the cue and will send me pics of the choice of wraps once the cue is refinished.

From that on, he never responded. I sent him an email around July to asked for cue progress, I got no replies from him. I sent another this year on January, still never heard from him yet.

Does anyone know what happened to him? Or can any of his friends here help me get hold of him please, cause I tried texting, emailing, nothing works.

Thanks
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad to hear.

I am friends with Nick Varner and he posted pictures of Dennis giving him a new cue.

If a guy wont return emails or phone calls, he is a piece of $hit.

I dont care how good a cue the guy makes.

I wish you the best and thanks for sharing it. Maybe you saved some of us from the similar treatment.

I dealt with Showman on building me a cue and he was a liar. I caught hell from posting it on here and eventually my thread got deleted.

My advice is to file with small claims and make it as public as possible.

I wish you the best.

Ken

marcoelslager

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuemaker issues!

Always seems to be a few cuemakers who give the industry a bad name. From down payments to extended completion promises to not responding to emails or phone calls, these guys need to be exposed! I feel AZ should have a directory for cuemakers who take advantage of the cue buyers such as an Angie's List helping the public from getting scammed.

I've dealt with a lot of cuemakers and would give most thumbs up but there is always a few incompetent individuals who cannot handle all aspects of business. Some are great cuemakers but are not secretaries or accountants. I feel we give Qbuilder to much respect when they don't return emails or phone calls when they have our money and product.

Its time for cue makers to have Itrader's like we do as AZer's. Do we even look twice when someone selling a cue and has a low rating? Time to let the public know who the cuemakers we can trust and the Qbuilder we cannot.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nick And Dennis Searing

From Nick's Facebook page

Attachments

• 10983428_1612511472316798_8936549776844556132_n.jpg
    10983428_1612511472316798_8936549776844556132_n.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 3,038

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
From Nick's Facebook page

With all due respect, I know Nick and Dennis started talking about this cue nearly 7 years ago at the ICCS event in Kansas City. It's not like Nick called Dennis 6 months ago and now has a cue.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So does that mean that the OP should be understanding and wait seven years when promised 3 or so weeks for a refinish and a couple of shafts? That he already paid for?

This is just like the guys that defend a certain table mechanic who's a legend in his own mind. So he screws the customer, you should be happy he took your money, after all, he's the best.

Bullshit.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
With all due respect your post has nothing to do with the OP's issue. Where do you stand on the OP's issue?

With all due respect, I know Nick and Dennis started talking about this cue nearly 7 years ago at the ICCS event in Kansas City. It's not like Nick called Dennis 6 months ago and now has a cue.

CanonShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow
sure hope none of the guys I have building my cues turn up like this

They will eventually. Get what u can when u can while u can. I've dealt with them all and eventually I go through everyone's pain. Doesn't matter who they are or how good they make cues. it's better to just get a used cue or a production cue then take a chance on getting custom shafts but at least you're not out of a cue.

Tim I forwarded your message to my friend who just spoke to Dennis last week. Good luck bro!

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It seems most cue makers have a very warped sense of reality. I'm not going to say anything negative towards any one person, but they will seriously test your patience all while acting like you are the one out of line.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
For those who have been around the cue world for any length of time there is one thing they all will realize eventually, a cuemakers "time frame" is unlike any other human beings. Also, depending on the builder and their reputation its usually pretty easy to determine whether or not a deposit or any up front money for repairs is needed. Sometimes just the upper tier status of builders makes people think they deserve more than another guy, just to keep your spot or guarantee your work will be dine in a timely manner. Going to the original builder of the cue is normally the best route but not always the simplest. For those that plan on keeping a cue and just want a refinish then its a no brainer to have someone like Scott Sherbine take care of you. His turn around time is top notch and I cant think of anyone who has ever had a problem with Proficient. Having shafts made is a little different story or needing the resale factor of being able to say refinished by the cuemaker is also something to think about.

If theres one thing that will never change, its that cuemakers young and old will alwyas have "their reasons".......

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Searing

Wow 7 years and he already has his cue! I got a friend who's been waiting well over
10 years, pretty sure it's close to 12 years he's been waiting. This is crap and everyone
no it. And for Tim you get told 3 weeks and it's been over 6 months and the man still has
his shit, well let's just say I would walk up and pay him a vist while he was in his shop. Sometimes people need to learn respect.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
maybe its time to wise up and not send the money in advance. send the cue to the reputable cue maker and tell him to call you when he is done fixing it. at that time you wire him the money and he sends out the cue.

he has your cue. he doesnt need payment in advance for unstarted work.

timothysoong

TS Billiards
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny as it sounds, after I made this post on AZ, he finally responded to all my emails by saying.

"Hi Tim,
I'm driving right now, but will respond in the morning.
Have a nice evening
Dennis

Sent from my iPhone"

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow, Isn't it Ironic

Funny as it sounds, after I made this post on AZ, he finally responded to all my emails by saying.

"Hi Tim,
Have a nice evening
Dennis

Sent from my iPhone"

Just like the Alanis Morissette song that made no sense.

cuedoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

"Hi Tim,
Have a nice evening
Dennis

Sent from my iPhone"

One of his nut huggers must have called him :D