Terrible customer service - OB Cues

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered a shaft towards the end of November that was listed as “In Stock”. Upgraded the shipping to receive it sooner since I was leaving town the following week. On the 1st I checked the website for a tracking number, but it still showed “awaiting shipment”. I called to check on it and the lady told me “The shaft isn’t where I thought it was. I’ll check one more place. If it isn’t there we’ll have to build you another one and that’ll take a week”. She said my status online would be updated the following day if they found the shaft, or I’d get a call letting me know they were building it.

I was leaving in a few days for Disney World so I figured it’ll just be there when I get back. Well my trip is now over. My online status still shows “awaiting shipment”, and I never received a call. I called customer service back and was told they were waiting on my joint work. No apology for the delay, no apology for not calling, no remorse whatsoever. I cancelled my order. This pisses me off because all I wanted was an OB Classic Pro. I’m sure I can find it elsewhere, but who knows how long that’ll take me.

I know... first world problems. I still wanted to share my experience in case customer service is important to anyone else.

Reactions: KRJ

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered a shaft towards the end of November that was listed as “In Stock”. Upgraded the shipping to receive it sooner since I was leaving town the following week. On the 1st I checked the website for a tracking number, but it still showed “awaiting shipment”. I called to check on it and the lady told me “The shaft isn’t where I thought it was. I’ll check one more place. If it isn’t there we’ll have to build you another one and that’ll take a week”. She said my status online would be updated the following day if they found the shaft, or I’d get a call letting me know they were building it.

I was leaving in a few days for Disney World so I figured it’ll just be there when I get back. Well my trip is now over. My online status still shows “awaiting shipment”, and I never received a call. I called customer service back and was told they were waiting on my joint work. No apology for the delay, no apology for not calling, no remorse whatsoever. I cancelled my order. This pisses me off because all I wanted was an OB Classic Pro. I’m sure I can find it elsewhere, but who knows how long that’ll take me.

I know... first world problems. I still wanted to share my experience in case customer service is important to anyone else.
Since Royce passed things have gone downhill there. Not sure what the deal is. Hiring Dale Perry was supposed to speed/streamline things.

Last edited:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
A Shame

OB was first class when Royce was alive as I think all will agree. I talked to him a few times when his shafts were very hot and customers wanted me to modify them. Royce was always friendly on the phone and didn't hesitate to tell me exactly what I needed to know.

I hope they can get their ducks in a row. It would be sad for OB to get a crap reputation.

Hu

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

With all the defective work done by OB, oh never mind.

Dale Perry has nothing to do with OB.

Dale's quality is much better and his building methods is much better and faster.

Dale Perry's cues are awesome.

Oh...I happen to have a new OB-131 for $440 shipping included. Great quality.....

Last edited:

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I ordered a break shaft on a labor day sale that was in stock and i ordered with a pretty standard 5/16-14 pin and it took about two months to get to me. When I emailed a couple of times I got the same "completing the join work" line. It really wasn't like that in my past dealings.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember a few years ago when someone would ask
me about getting an ob or predator, I would recommend
ob because of the customer service Royce provided.
American made and Royce’s customer service on this
site was impeccable. If you want a ld shaft or a production
cue that was similar to predator, why not go with a guy
that takes all responsibility and pride in his work.

Sadly since his passing that is all but gone.

wreiman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had ordered 2 back in november. I had ordered them about 3 days apart. The second order arrived in less than a week. The other shaft was in stock when i ordered it, but like the OP it was labled as waiting to ship. After 3 weeks , i called them up and they said anothe 2 weeks... i just canceled it at that time.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you got the shaft right away.

And a couple times thereafter, too.

As did I, and they didn't buy me dinner either. Hell, they didn't even say thank you.

Easy:

If you had not already cancelled, that was gonna be my first suggestion. My second and third suggestions are to buy a used shaft or start looking into a different company all together.

I know at least four people that have horror stories because of OB.

On the bright side, just be glad your not trying to get a warranty covered.

Warranty repairs and replacements are a nightmare with OB.

Good luck,

Rake

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So much for all that "buy American".

I don't care how good your product is...if you give me BS and run-around I will badmouth your product forever.

The worst thing a company can do is have bad customer service.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As did I, and they didn't buy me dinner either. Hell, they didn't even say thank you.

Easy:

If you had not already cancelled, that was gonna be my first suggestion. My second and third suggestions are to buy a used shaft or start looking into a different company all together.

I know at least four people that have horror stories because of OB.

On the bright side, just be glad your not trying to get a warranty covered.

Warranty repairs and replacements are a nightmare with OB.

Good luck,

Rake

I've had a few replacements and ferrule fixes done with OB, an they did not take too long to complete and I also did not run into any issues getting the warranty work accepted. I have not heard of any issues with getting warranty work done by OB, unlike Predator which I always heard about people getting their warranty denied due to "customer neglect" or whatever they call it.

Reactions: KRJ

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a few replacements and ferrule fixes done with OB, an they did not take too long to complete and I also did not run into any issues getting the warranty work accepted. I have not heard of any issues with getting warranty work done by OB, unlike Predator which I always heard about people getting their warranty denied due to "customer neglect" or whatever they call it.

Well, if they are so busy fulfilling warranty work that you point out that they aren't getting new stuff out in a timely manner that's perhaps a bad sign.

Just a thought.

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, if they are so busy fulfilling warranty work that you point out that they aren't getting new stuff out in a timely manner that's perhaps a bad sign.

Just a thought.

I ordered a 30” blem shaft. I was told 3 to 4 weeks to make it. I guess they are going to put a blem in it on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a 30” blem shaft. I was told 3 to 4 weeks to make it. I guess they are going to put a blem in it on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's entirely toooooo funny. "Blems to order". What a f^*@#%g joke.