Santa came to Big Dog Billiards early...

Mike B.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and delivered four brand new Diamond 9 footers. Big Dog Billiards is in Des Moines, IA. I stopped in last night to practice and was able to play for a few hours on one of the new tables. I was planning on taking a little break from pool over the holidays, but not now!!!

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike B. said:
...and delivered four brand new Diamond 9 footers. Big Dog Billiards is in Des Moines, IA. I stopped in last night to practice and was able to play for a few hours on one of the new tables. I was planning on taking a little break from pool over the holidays, but not now!!!

And apperently to your wallet as your two games richer.

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Dog

Stop it... you guys are making me jelous.:rolleyes:

I saw a truck there the other day, looked like eight reindeer unloading supervised by a fat guy with a clipboard.

Guess all the players on Saturday will have some entertainment away from the tournament as well. :D

The more the merrier....:cool:

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tables

I bought a table there a few months ago from, I think his name was Tom. Someone told me he was in a bad motorcycle accident. Is that true? I hope I was misinformed.

Also, if any of you Iowa guys know anyone looking for a Gold Crown, please let me know. I ran across a Gabriels table and am selling my GC.

Hey, also, what's the name of that steak place by Big Dog's...Iowa Steak or something. Man that place is awesome. After loaded up my table I tore down a 6000 ounce ribeye...probably the best I ever had.

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CamposCues said:
I bought a table there a few months ago from, I think his name was Tom. Someone told me he was in a bad motorcycle accident. Is that true? I hope I was misinformed.

Also, if any of you Iowa guys know anyone looking for a Gold Crown, please let me know. I ran across a Gabriels table and am selling my GC.

Hey, also, what's the name of that steak place by Big Dog's...Iowa Steak or something. Man that place is awesome. After loaded up my table I tore down a 6000 ounce ribeye...probably the best I ever had.

Yeah Tom died awhile back (this summer) when a young teenage girl pulled out in front him, never even saw him. I do know a guy that is looking for a GC too, PM w. details asap. I have never been to Iowa Steak and will have to check it out. Later.........T-Dog

T-dog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
deadstroke7 said:
Stop it... you guys are making me jelous.:rolleyes:

I saw a truck there the other day, looked like eight reindeer unloading supervised by a fat guy with a clipboard.

Guess all the players on Saturday will have some entertainment away from the tournament as well. :D

The more the merrier....:cool:
Where have you been? Let me know when you want to come over to Grinnell and we can hittem some.

mikeiniowa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I too heard about the tables and boy do they make me want to play. I even went for a hour during lunch to hit balls. That is what tables are supposed to play like. They will get lots of play this weekend

Mike B.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mikeiniowa said:
I even went for a hour during lunch to hit balls. That is what tables are supposed to play like.

Really??? Just an hour over lunch?

What I like the most is the fact that we won't have to fight over table 15 anymore...now there are 4 tables that play great and also the fact that we should be able to have some small one pocket tournaments.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
T-dog said:
Yeah Tom died awhile back (this summer) when a young teenage girl pulled out in front him, never even saw him. I do know a guy that is looking for a GC too, PM w. details asap. I have never been to Iowa Steak and will have to check it out. Later.........T-Dog

T-Dog, I sent you a pm...thanks.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GCs

chiefseabee said:
I also bought a GC IV from Tom at Big Dogs. Paid them good money for it and paid good money for delivery and set up. Tom and John Brought it out and set it up. not a perfect job. Tom agreed to come back and fix it. Talked to him 2 days before his accident. To bad he seemed like a real nice guy. Anyway.....when I called to see about Big Dogs standing behind what they sold nobody knew what I was talking about and said John nolonger had anything to do with the place. The slate on this table is pretty much junk so I don't have to much good to say about the place.

AL
Man, that sucks. I must have gotten the good one. I haven't had any problems. I think there was 4 or 5 and I looked for the best one. I like the table but this Gabriels is pretty damn sweet.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raw Deal

chiefseabee said:
Yeah it probably wouldn't have been a big deal cuz I feel tom would have made it right. I've put some money into it since and had some good installers come and work on it but they say the same thing the slate is garbage. wax was used and urathane filler is now not an option. I'll get something else when I can free up some cash but It sucks that a business won't stand behind what they sale. $750.00 set up and delivery I was flat robbed. the rude attitude when I inquired about getting it strightened out after Tom died was the real kick in the ass. I used to drive out and donate to the sunday tourney and haven't returned since. I try to be polite and expect the same.
oh well i figure what goes around comes around.

AL

Yeah, I only met Tom once but didn't get the impression he was out to hose anyone. I think he would have made it right. $750 is steap. I rented a regular cargo van for like $70 and picked it up and set it up myself. Once I got the hang of shimming the slate it wasn't bad. I did invest in a machinist level.

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New tables, big tournament, what a country this America, LOVE IT!:D

Maybe I will see you there Troy.

Later, ;)

chiefseabee

PD cues are the BOMB!
Silver Member
Big Dog's

I wanted post this in reference to my past issue with Big Dog's. I played Yesterday in thier ACS/McDermot tour event and had a great time. I met an Owner, Who plays JAM-UP! and he has offered a solution to the Past problem.
I will add that On a slower table (he put me out in 9th-12th) I had the nuts.
we played on a sweet Diamond with spraypainted felt. that sucker was fast!
Anyway great time, Great service and a good tourney. Thanks for straightening me out Mike A.

AL

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool

chiefseabee said:
I wanted post this in reference to my past issue with Big Dog's. I played Yesterday in thier ACS/McDermot tour event and had a great time. I met an Owner, Who plays JAM-UP! and he has offered a solution to the Past problem.
I will add that On a slower table (he put me out in 9th-12th) I had the nuts.
we played on a sweet Diamond with spraypainted felt. that sucker was fast!
Anyway great time, Great service and a good tourney. Thanks for straightening me out Mike A.

AL
I'm glad things got squared away and that the owner is a good guy. Who won the tourney?

chiefseabee

PD cues are the BOMB!
Silver Member
Situation resolved

Mark O. from Big Dogs in Des Moines just left after redoing my table and I can now say it is perfect! He's a stand up guy and would recommend doing business with him to anyone. Thanks Mark and Mike.

Al