Looking for some help

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This will be pool related if I can pull it off. I'm just reaching out to the pool of knowledge that's on here.

I'm looking for a U.S. based company that can manufacture a rubber ball. So far I haven't found anyone who can do it. What is needed is a Rotational Molding machine. I keep getting told to go to China for this and I want it to be American made. I'm learning that all our sports balls (basketballs, volleyballs, soccer balls, tennis balls) are being made in China! And that sucks!

Does anyone out there know where I can find a company that can do this here in America? Thank you!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will be pool related if I can pull it off. I'm just reaching out to the pool of knowledge that's on here.

I'm looking for a U.S. based company that can manufacture a rubber ball. So far I haven't found anyone who can do it. What is needed is a Rotational Molding machine. I keep getting told to go to China for this and I want it to be American made. I'm learning that all our sports balls (basketballs, volleyballs, soccer balls, tennis balls) are being made in China! And that sucks!

Does anyone out there know where I can find a company that can do this here in America? Thank you!
How big? You might try Acushnet in Mass. They make Titleist golf balls. They might be able to steer ya.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Tell me more, Jay. PM if you want.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Whiffle Ball company was based in Shelton CT- I believe they also manufactured there- maybe they can help somehow For many years , rubber and foam manufacturing was also done in the Valley area of CT including Shelton Ct- so maybe someone at the whiffle ball company has a lead for you.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Contact Information
Precision Plastic Ball Company
10129 West Pacific Ave.
Franklin Park, Illinois 60131

They might be able to help.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Whiffle Ball company was based in Shelton CT- I believe they also manufactured there- maybe they can help somehow For many years , rubber and foam manufacturing was also done in the Valley area of CT including Shelton Ct- so maybe someone at the whiffle ball company has a lead for you.

I just spoke with them earlier today. They did give me a lead but no luck so far.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Feeling a little patriotic are you? I can't help you with that but 95% of our American Flags are made there too. So are the MAGA hats, American Girl Dolls, and the most icon American doll of them all, Barbie. Your ball probably isn't going to impact the trade balance too much Jay!

Have you thought of just buying balls that are already in production? There must be a million of them.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Feeling a little patriotic are you? I can't help you with that but 95% of our American Flags are made there too. So are the MAGA hats, American Girl Dolls, and the most icon American doll of them all, Barbie. Your ball probably isn't going to impact the trade balance too much Jay!

Have you thought of just buying balls that are already in production? There must be a million of them.

Thanks Chris. It looks like my only options are either make them in China or buy a similar ball and put a new cover design on it.

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if they can make them in china they can do it here albeit more expensive but you can buy less.
but with no info on your product how can someone recommend some factory.
other than saying just go buy a handball.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you all! We have a lot of good minds on here. After a frustrating few days I've decided the only cost effective way for me to make this project happen is to buy an existing ball and modify it for my use (thank you Chris Tate). I found a perfect ball for under $6 and they are sending me some samples to check out. There is no way I could make/manufacture a similar ball in this country at anything near that price, and I don't want that to stop me from proceeding.

I have a lot of work to do. Right now all I have is a domain name and a product name that has been trademarked. The real marketing will begin with the design that will be affixed to the ball (creative help), the Ad copy (me), packaging, a nice demo video (collaboration) and finally a website (designer). After that it's in God's hands. :grin:

This is a brand new venture for me, but I've always liked a challenge. I won't be making any predictions like Real King Cobra with his glue, but I have a vision and a plan. If it all works out I may be in a position to give pro pool a boost. I've tried and failed before and I've also had some successes. I know one thing is certain. If I don't try nothing will happen! ;)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Thank you all! We have a lot of good minds on here. After a frustrating few days I've decided the only cost effective way for me to make this project happen is to buy an existing ball and modify it for my use (thank you Chris Tate). I found a perfect ball for under $6 and they are sending me some samples to check out. There is no way I could make/manufacture a similar ball in this country at anything near that price, and I don't want that to stop me from proceeding.

I have a lot of work to do. Right now all I have is a domain name and a product name that has been trademarked. The real marketing will begin with the design that will be affixed to the ball (creative help), the Ad copy (me), packaging, a nice demo video (collaboration) and finally a website (designer). After that it's in God's hands. :grin:

This is a brand new venture for me, but I've always liked a challenge. I won't be making any predictions like Real King Cobra with his glue, but I have a vision and a plan. If it all works out I may be in a position to give pro pool a boost. I've tried and failed before and I've also had some successes. I know one thing is certain. If I don't try nothing will happen! ;)

Good luck Jay, we'll keep an eye on it. If anybody can make this fly, it's you.