Rob Hardman Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I ran across this at another forum I frequent:

Digital Pocket Scale
1KG (2LB) capacity
0.1g / 0.01oz Precision
Fast response rate (updates every 200ms)
Comes with protective pouch
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1165~r.96035782

I'm sure it's not the most accurate scale in the world, but in a pinch would be great to have. Looks like it's about the size of a PDA. Would fit in most of our cue cases.

***Obligatory disclaimer: I am not affiliated with nor do I endorse dealextreme.com. I accept no responsibility for anyone's business with them. This is just something I'm passing along.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Free WORLDWIDE shipping on all items! Heck, I bought three!
The bulkrates are a bit weird, but still I got three for less then $31.

paulybatz

"The Professor"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't see why not

as long as you hold the cue on the scale vertically without placing downward pressure you should not have too much trouble. If I want accurate weight, I usually bug the post office to weigh it for me---or bring it to my buddy's office. Harbor Freight usually has great deals like these.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
A buddy of mine has a pocket scale just like this one and we have weighed many, many cues with it......no problems at all!!!!!!!

Russ........

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
yea i dont see what the trouble would be, just place it on the balance point of the cue or hold it vertically.

Cuemaster98

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
279   0   0
Thanks for the tips guy...just got one myself...was looking for one of these at the AZ meet...now I have one for next year. LOL

Thanks.

Ballistic Billiards

Step up your Game!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
good price

I've had one of these for years, works fine for cues, I usually pay double
this and have to go to the mall.
I usually use it to weigh.... mail. :D

-cOOp

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I throw a penny or dime on my scale, zero it out, then put the cue on. Once I find the balancing point, I put the coin on whichever side it wants to roll toward and it keeps it on the scale.

cuetrip

Rob Hardman Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
ragbug74 said:
I throw a penny or dime on my scale, zero it out, then put the cue on. Once I find the balancing point, I put the coin on whichever side it wants to roll toward and it keeps it on the scale.

I had to read that 3 time before I got it. But now that I do, yeah, that's definitely the way to do it.
-Rob

Last edited:

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
well i put it on the balance point but i put the black sleeve thing that it comes in under it. that way the cue does not roll off of the scale. the black sleeve weighs around .23 ounces so u can subtract that from the total weight or just put the sleeve on first, zero it out then put the cue on.