Golf - rule question

gcmortal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two player game. Player A is attempting to relocate Player B's ball. Player A does so with a legal hit, but knocks Player B's ball off the table.

Does that ball get spotted, replaced, or does Player B get a choice?

Is the call any different in a ring game?

Action-killing pi**ing match over this tonight. I have no dog in the fight, but believe that whoever fouls should never have a chance to get the best of it.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Player A's ball comes off the table and he marks a hickey for a foul.

Player B's ball is spotted up and it is his shot.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two player game. Player A is attempting to relocate Player B's ball. Player A does so with a legal hit, but knocks Player B's ball off the table.

Does that ball get spotted, replaced, or does Player B get a choice?

Is the call any different in a ring game?

Action-killing pi**ing match over this tonight. I have no dog in the fight, but believe that whoever fouls should never have a chance to get the best of it.

Depends on who you ask and where your playing.

One room I go to would be:

Player b's ball is spotted. If player "a" made his ball, he keeps shooting. If player "a" didn't make his ball, player "b" shoots with his ball on spot.

Another room I play at:

Player b has the option to put his ball back or spot it regardless what happened with player "a" ball unless player "a" ball left table as well or was made....... in that case, player "b" has option to spot his ball or put it back and shoot while player "a" holds his ball and is spotted after player "b" is through shooting.

Yet another room:

Player b gets ball in hand with his ball on spot and player "a" ball is spotted at opposite end of table.

There seems to be more sets of rules cor golf/rosie than there are rooms......lol...

Ring games are even worse IMO.....

I hate ring games.

Ring games are to me, for weaker players...... I know a lot of peeps that disagree......lolololol and guess what????.... they are all weak a55 players.

Rake

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends on who you ask and where your playing.

One room I go to would be:

Player b's ball is spotted. If player "a" made his ball, he keeps shooting. If player "a" didn't make his ball, player "b" shoots with his ball on spot.

Another room I play at:

Player b has the option to put his ball back or spot it regardless what happened with player "a" ball unless player "a" ball left table as well or was made....... in that case, player "b" has option to spot his ball or put it back and shoot while player "a" holds his ball and is spotted after player "b" is through shooting.

Yet another room:

Player b gets ball in hand with his ball on spot and player "a" ball is spotted at opposite end of table.

There seems to be more sets of rules cor golf/rosie than there are rooms......lol...

Ring games are even worse IMO.....

I hate ring games.

Ring games are to me, for weaker players...... I know a lot of peeps that disagree......lolololol and guess what????.... they are all weak a55 players.

Rake

Of all the pool games I’ve seen over the years, Golf has more regionalized rules than any of them. They played golf every day for 40 years in my homeroom and this one shot would Could be played four different ways depending on who was in the game.

Can anyone think of a game that has more varied rules?

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of all the pool games I’ve seen over the years, Golf has more regionalized rules than any of them. They played golf every day for 40 years in my homeroom and this one shot would Could be played four different ways depending on who was in the game.

Can anyone think of a game that has more varied rules?

Hmmm.... MARRIAGE is the only thing I can remember having rules to change depending on situation/person/place....