AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Diamond Levelers vs Laminate Flooring

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Diamond Levelers vs Laminate Flooring
Old
  (#1)
XPLSV
AzB Silver Member
XPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Diamond Levelers vs Laminate Flooring - 03-14-2016, 04:54 PM

I just picked up a Diamond Professional circa 2001 and was wondering if I should put something down between the leg leveler and the wood-looking laminate flooring, perhaps some hard rubber cut to fit? Thoughts about material to protect the laminate versus just putting the table down on top of the laminate itself? I don't plan on going anywhere soon, so expect the table to be in this house as long as I might last...

_________

Bernie

9' Diamond Professional

Old
  (#2)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

03-14-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPLSV View Post

I just picked up a Diamond Professional circa 2001 and was wondering if I should put something down between the leg leveler and the wood-looking laminate flooring, perhaps some hard rubber cut to fit? Thoughts about material to protect the laminate versus just putting the table down on top of the laminate itself? I don't plan on going anywhere soon, so expect the table to be in this house as long as I might last...
Get some 1/8" neoprene, works great and prevents the table from sliding.

Old
  (#3)
Strictly
AzB Bronze Member
Strictly has a reputation beyond reputeStrictly has a reputation beyond reputeStrictly has a reputation beyond reputeStrictly has a reputation beyond reputeStrictly has a reputation beyond reputeStrictly has a reputation beyond reputeStrictly has a reputation beyond reputeStrictly has a reputation beyond reputeStrictly has a reputation beyond reputeStrictly has a reputation beyond reputeStrictly has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2016, 09:16 PM

I've never seen it in person but in theory if my table had leg levelers id want them on those lazy Susan bearings I saw somebody post recently. Seems like leveling in the long run would be a lot less of a hassle. I'm not sure if your worried about friction when your leveling or just the weight itself, if that's the case a pad may not be the worst idea and I've always liked the look of an appropriately sized rug however I know there's issues there with settling.

Old
  (#4)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

03-14-2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly View Post
I've never seen it in person but in theory if my table had leg levelers id want them on those lazy Susan bearings I saw somebody post recently. Seems like leveling in the long run would be a lot less of a hassle. I'm not sure if your worried about friction when your leveling or just the weight itself, if that's the case a pad may not be the worst idea and I've always liked the look of an appropriately sized rug however I know there's issues there with settling.
The Diamond feet don't have to be turned like the Brunswick's do to adjust for level, the stud on the Diamond turns for adjustment.

Old
  (#5)
bradsh98
Bradshaw Billiard Service
bradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond reputebradsh98 has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Get some 1/8" neoprene, works great and prevents the table from sliding.
Amazon has sheets of neoprene at pretty fair prices. Many different thicknesses and sizes.

Geoff Bradshaw
Bradshaw Billiard Service

I play with a Hammond Custom Cue. You should too.

Old
  (#6)
XPLSV
AzB Silver Member
XPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond reputeXPLSV has a reputation beyond repute

03-15-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
The Diamond feet don't have to be turned like the Brunswick's do to adjust for level, the stud on the Diamond turns for adjustment.

A profile view of my leveler foot.

_________

Bernie

9' Diamond Professional

Old
  (#7)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

03-15-2016, 09:10 AM

Yep, that hole in the stud is where you stick a screw driver in and turn the stud raising or lowering the corner of the table, and the set screw is tightened to lock the stud in place.

Old
  (#8)
XPLSV
AzB Silver Member

03-16-2016, 02:51 PM

So, I'm describing the neoprene rubber sheeting to my Wife, who says "Something like the elliptical mat?" I told her that was a great idea, I could cut four circular pads out of the far side that aren't being used to cushion the elliptical. Well, she didn't like that... Despite that disapproval, I wasn't able to find any local neoprene rubber sheets and wanted to get the slates out of the vehicle and on top of the table in a single move and sooner rather than later, so I ended up picking up a rubber covered high density foam yoga mat. It was on sale, I cut my four feet pads out of the end, squared it up, and now my 5' 2" Wife has a new exercise mat.

_________

Bernie

9' Diamond Professional

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: