Bryce Avila?

fearless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone seen him? It's been about a year since i've seen him as well as all the others i've asked. He was a great player and had the potential to be one of the greats.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
I haven't seen him since he stopped going out with Christina - Geiler's daughter.

fearless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last I heard he moved to Nevada or Arizona but wasn't sure how reliable the source is. He used to come to the pool hall I played at in San Ramon, CA and all of a sudden he just stopped showing about a year ago. Hope he's okay and still playing.

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Several years ago, Bryce was a solid player and had lots of potential. Unfortunately, his "youthful judgement" caught up to him.

He still lives in the Bay Area, but for all intents and purposes he no longer plays pool. I saw him banging some balls around several months ago and was shocked at his where his game is.

He's got other things keeping him busy now.

-von

roncook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fearless, Ron Cook here!
Bryce is a very stong player, could be a great player and can certainly play with the best when he is on his game. He is also a great money player
and fights hard to win. He could certainly beat any given player when he is
is playing his best game. I too have not seen him for over a year. I would think he is still in the Bay Area but I may be wrong. I believe with only a few adjustments to his game he could beat the best, for he has a lot of heart.

I have played him for money a couple of times and it has always been
a challenge to beat him. I love to watch him play pool and he certainly has a future if he continues to play.

lsabado

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bryce is playing in the tournaments in Sunnyvale. He's still a pretty good player. He just won the tournament there about 2 weeks ago which shouldn't be a surprize. I also heard that he plays at Edgies in Milpitas.

fearless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
roncook said:
Fearless, Ron Cook here!
Bryce is a very stong player, could be a great player and can certainly play with the best when he is on his game. He is also a great money player
and fights hard to win. He could certainly beat any given player when he is
is playing his best game. I too have not seen him for over a year. I would think he is still in the Bay Area but I may be wrong. I believe with only a few adjustments to his game he could beat the best, for he has a lot of heart.

I have played him for money a couple of times and it has always been
a challenge to beat him. I love to watch him play pool and he certainly has a future if he continues to play.

Hey Ron, good to hear from you. Never knew you gambled with him. Must have been some great matches to watch. I also see your brothers back up and kicking. Anyhow, i'll see you on tuesday at the rack.

Also glad to hear Bryce is still in the bay area in playing. Hope to bump into him sometime.

roncook

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fearless .....

The last time I played Bryce he gave me the break in one pocket and we
were playing for $25 a game and he was broke with Hunter Roberts backing him. I had him hooked 8 games on the wire, (Up $200) after
3 hours & I was getting tired and I was crazy to keep playing. We then
raised the bet to $50 a game and he won 4 in a row and we broke even.

I played him a couple times in Reno as well and also in Dublin. Playing 9 ball
once I drew him in the USPPA and he made a one ball the first game only and I put 5 racks together and shut him down. There was only (1) "X" on the sheet for Byrce. I also played Billy Palmer once in the USPPA and he only got to lag and I shut him down with only (1) "X" on the sheet for me, he never got to the table.

oncue4u

14.1 to life
Bryce is alive and kicking in San Jose. He's been in the bars and in a local league. I've know Bryce since he was 12. So much talent and tons of heart. Amar Kang, Tony Chohan and Bryce used to frequent the tournaments together. Unfortunately, only Tony seems to have behaved himself enough to become a feared tournament and money player.
Bryce still has time to turn himself around and make his presence known again.
I can only hope and pray.

eaglesfan44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to hang out with Bryce all the time but I haven't heard or seen him in over 2 years. How is he doing I have tried to contact him with no success. If anyone has any way of getting in touch with him can you please let me know. I wonder why he doesn't play in any big tournaments or get in any big action anymore. I just hope he's doing well.

ABall

Right behind you...
Silver Member
I heard he hangs out a lot at Cambell Billiards. Man...Bryce is a pure shooter. I played him a few times in tourneys and don't ever remember getting more than 5 open shots in a race to 5. Both him and Amar can not pick up a cue for a year, and then play like they never stopped. They just pick up the cue and run out again and again.

eaglesfan44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bryce Avila

When is the last time you saw him at Campbell because I doubt it was recently. He stopped going there when I was hanging out with him. If anyone knows a number to reach him at or how to get a hold of him I would definately like to talk to him again. He was a great player when he was in stroke. Fun to watch. One of the best things I saw him do was up in Sacramento in a an open tournament he made it to the finals with Kim Davenport and Bryce was on the loser's side so he had to beat Kim two races to 7. First set Bryce won 7-3 and second set he was down 6-1 and came back running racks to win 7-6 and win the tournament. Awesome player.

fearless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd bet on Bryce. When he's on, he's on. Especially under pressure. I've seen him do a couple 5 packs like nothing when playing and he wasn't even in dead stroke. Not to discount Ian. Ian is also a hell of a player, but it just seems Bryce has more heart. Just my 2 cents.

eaglesfan44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bryce Avila

I completely agree. The man was so good under pressure. Gambling was his strong point. He was better for the dough than playing in tournaments which he was very strong in to. But when the cash was on the line. He took it down.

levartze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fearless said:
I'd bet on Bryce. When he's on, he's on. Especially under pressure. I've seen him do a couple 5 packs like nothing when playing and he wasn't even in dead stroke. Not to discount Ian. Ian is also a hell of a player, but it just seems Bryce has more heart. Just my 2 cents.

I've played both while in their A game and I gotta tell ya, its pretty close. I think Ian has more experience "on the road", but Ian gets upset when he misses and I think it takes away from his game. Bryce's head is pretty solid. I've seen him missing and then turn it around al all the time not *****ing.

Still Ian's shooting is scarey. I bet him playing the 10 ball ghost to 7 and was up 6 to 1 and he ran a 7 pack to win!

eaglesfan44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I watched Bryce get the last two from Danny Basavich (Kid Delicious) and completely demolish him. I mean in both sets it wasn't even close. And Danny plays real strong. Bryce could have been real good I just know it.

levartze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
eaglesfan44 said:
Yeah I watched Bryce get the last two from Danny Basavich (Kid Delicious) and completely demolish him. I mean in both sets it wasn't even close. And Danny plays real strong. Bryce could have been real good I just know it.

I watched it at Chet's place! It was a great match.

Alcohol and Bryce don't mix well. He got kicked out of CB's for throwing billiard balls at cars (that's definitely NOT kewl), he is banned (for life) from the Sands in Reno, he got beat up pretty bad in Sacto (I understand a lot of teeth were knocked out),...etc. Still, he's a class act when he isn't under the influence.