Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Raj Hundal?

dundeewizard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a seperate note why does Raj think he is box office? He is no where near. I agree put Hohmann, Svb, Appleton, Orcullo against Ronnie then that struly the best of each.

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
This argument always distills down to this:

[Snooker Player] has a good/great chance of beating [Pool Player] at pool.

[Pool Player] has no/zip/nada chance of beating [Snooker Player] at snooker.​

sly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
any game on the 9ft has become to easy,the game should be played on a 5x10 ,
it would slow down the break advantage,games shouldnt be determined on break like wing balls always going in,quite common these days, could even be 60in x 120in make it a real 5x10
its tough to call

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My pick in this match would be Raj. The transition to pool, as Ronnie found out when he tried to play on the IPT, is not so simple.

If Ronnie were to play the likes of Shane, Dennis or Darren, he would, in my opinion, be crushed in a race to fifteen.

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
If they played 10 ball on a 10' diamond I'd take ronnie all day long. It would definitely equalize ronnies disadvantage with the break.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because I think his cue ball control and accuracy are better than Raj's. I think shot for shot Ronnie is the better cueist. So over a lengthy match Ronnie will make less mistakes and that will be the difference is my prediction.

And yes this has a bit to do with Ronnie being a world class snooker player.

Actually he beat Earl Strickland in the 1996 Mosconi Cup using a borrowed cue and barely knew the rules.

He's in a different league - even amongst snooker players.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think its murky at all. Snooker is a tougher game than pool. Plain and simple. You have a much lower margian or error in snooker. Ask yourself this, why do pro snooker players move over to pool and have huge success but not once has a pro pool player become a pro snooker player?

Mark Selby was a professional pool player and won the English pool world title before he became famous at snooker

Graham Dott has represented Scotland many times at pool He has played for the same pub pool team since he was a wee lad.

Darren Appleton has said many times, on the record, "snooker is easier than pool"..

He is right.

You need better fundamentals for the potting is all. Us over here in the UK generally have better fundamentals anyway..

Prey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie all the way. He is one of the best ever to weild a cue right or left handed!

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
I lost all my respect for Raj when he started Country jumping. Does anyone remember the last country he wanted to be known from?

Too many people are country jumpers. At least our USA team is team USA, they aren't thinking about playing for some other country in some other type of event.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My pick in this match would be Raj. The transition to pool, as Ronnie found out when he tried to play on the IPT, is not so simple.

If Ronnie were to play the likes of Shane, Dennis or Darren, he would, in my opinion, be crushed in a race to fifteen.

Maybe the first time but not afterward. All someone like Ronnie needs to do is learn the moves that are unique to pool. He has zero need to learn anything more about how to handle his cue ball. The guy plays the colors in Snooker like 9 ball on a bar table.

MartinBullet

Registered
Just spoke to Raj on Twitter and he's confirmed the game is on, they're just trying to iron out the small print, can't wait for this one!

MartinBullet

Registered
And according to Raj, race to 11, minimum £20,000 pot! 9 ball, venue is Thistle Hotel, London Heathrow.

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think its murky at all. Snooker is a tougher game than pool. Plain and simple. You have a much lower margian or error in snooker. Ask yourself this, why do pro snooker players move over to pool and have huge success but not once has a pro pool player become a pro snooker player?

EXACTLY! There isn't any money in mens pool here but a ton of money in snooker so why don't they stop playing 9 ball and go play pro snooker...because 99 percent of them can't lol

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Selby was a professional pool player and won the English pool world title before he became famous at snooker.

Selby reached his first ranking final aged 19, the Regal Scottish in 2003.
He was the 2006 English World Eight-ball Champion.
In the 2006 World Championship he lost his first round match to John Higgins.

Neil Robertson dabbles in 9 ball.