Billiard collectibles

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chuck,

I'll give you 30 cents on the dollar for all your posters. They all seem to be printed upside down or sideways. I'll take them off your hands for cheap though.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Here is another of my Billiard beers. I think this is from Scandinavia.

Attachments

• IMG_7113.jpg
    IMG_7113.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 572

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim...Pretty sure the "retired hustler" is Bill Stroud. He did another cool article for Smithsonian Magazine as well.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I have the same magazine and at the end of the article it states

"Colorado Slim is the pool-hall alias of a retired hustler who now turns wood for a living"

I have asked around a few times and never got an answer.:cool:

There is a thread on this site from 06, short.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=40050

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Jim...The 3rd cue from the right, on the wall rack, appears to have some serious warpage. LOL Does it come with a "lifetime warranty"?

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Scott the cool thing about this rack is it was given to me by a elderly lady who ran a antique store in Aptos Ca. She felt bad that their store had nothing billiard related for my collection. Then she remembered her doll house collection and reached in a open doll house and pulled this off the wall, She would not let me pay for it:confused:.

I did not complain about the warped cue:grin:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Time to wake it up again

A way cool light that I picked up recently.

Attachments

• IMG_4932.JPG
    IMG_4932.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 415

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I'm not sure if it's classed as a collectible but this snooker cue was crafted by the renowned luthier, Roger Bucknall, in the mid 1980s as a prototype. It is genuinely unique, no other telescopic cue in the world comes even close to its quality. Bucknall's client list today reads like music royalty: Keith Richards, Sting, Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger etc are among those using his bespoke guitars.

rrpdsx.jpg

2i1pg0g.jpg
o

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
To give a further example of Mr Bucknall's supreme craftmanship, take a look at the sublime work of art he created for the cover of a cue company's brochure. To carve such a beautiful and anatomically correct human hand is an admirable skill in itself, but when one learns that the cue is part of the same piece of wood you recognise a true master of his craft. The cue was not simply placed into the palm afterwards; note how its splices carry on through the knuckles. Imagine starting with a single block of timber and having the insight, not only to envisage what might be possible, but to then execute those thoughts with such clarity and perfection.

ofbiwj.jpg

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
What an awesome thread, Mr C. Bravo, sir!

Thanks RC. I resurrect this thread every few years and add a few new pics. The thread is cool but even better with your contributions.

The telescopic cue is peachy but that Union Jack case is badass:cool:

Thanks for sharing your pictures and info.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like the Bucknall contribution...
...but I’m most delighted with the eight ball....
...from the universe to you02A1C1FF-3C39-46F5-AC9E-3A3986308627.jpeg

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
These vintage lighters were given away by businesses to good customers or potential customers, although not particularly rare they are>>>:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4942.jpg
    IMG_4942.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_4943.JPG
    IMG_4943.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 490