Snapping your Cue - “I’m done!”

Ty Arnold

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It happens all the time. I will never forget the time my buddy broke his dad's Meucci when we were only 14 back in the 90's. He was shooting one armed while talking to his girlfriend on the cordless phone. She said something that made him mad and he snapped it over the table.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell him to quit playing on Diamonds.

Or learn to shoot into the pocket, not at the pocket. Huge difference from same size pocket on two different shelf depths. It sounds like your well aware.

I play on a 4.5" diamond and then go play on a GC with 4.5 pockets and feel like Im cheating.

He may be use to playing on a easy table and switched to a harder table...never know?

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Use the Deano formula

Dean has never been a great player but has busted a lot of them. He had always
played other games very well (golf, cards, baseball etc.) but never got to
be a top pool player. He recognized this and concentrated on matching up good.
You will be real surprised how taking home the dough makes you not be so
bothered by your level of play. But Dean was never a nut hunter, he would and
still will, mix it up with anyone. It is hard to play your speed against a player that
is much better than you, that is why a player can give the weaker player so much
weight, but Dean could play his speed no matter who he played, and that is very
hard to do. There were a lot of players that never missed a ball that stayed broke
( Louie, Greg Stevens, etc). Getting the cash is all that matters. Now if you don't
gamble, then by all means break your cue.
jack

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Failure is part of the process. Think about what you're showing your kids. Do you think it's ok for them to throw temper tantrums when things don't go their way? No? Then why is it ok for you to do the same thing?

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Contact Earl

Tell him to contact Earl Strickland for counseling on how to let out stress.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Has been said ..... keep your temper..... nobody else wants it.

Last edited:

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where I live we care about pool players.
Pool Safety includes not snapping your cue.

01AE5001-D5AE-4CA2-BFEE-03691CE2B723.jpeg

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm gonna go the other way on this and say snapping a cue is totally fine. I've snapped one cue ever (behind the joint, like a real man) and it was a custom 31" butt that I absolutely loved and planned to play with for as long as it lasted. Typically I'm very even-keeled, but I was frustrated with my play and a lot of alcohol and money was involved. Anyway, I was embarrassed and swore off pool forever. When I did finally get back into it, about a year later, I came with a new approach, mostly in regards to my attitude and the way I practiced. It was the best thing that ever happened to me pool-wise.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tell him to contact Earl Strickland for counseling on how to let out stress.
I think the contraptions are all to keep the stress in. Imagine if he stopped using them.:shocked2:

Where I first played pool one of the best players got a new cue about every six months because he had to.

As for the OP, I suspect something other than pool is going on with his friend.

As for
GoldCrown Guys ... Break Wind.... not cues.
I recommend this essay on the subject.
CropperCapture[341].png
Yes, Benjamin Franklin really did write that.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That poor Cuetec...

Tell him to get a new R360 shaft in 11,5mm and the Fusion Snooker shaft.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
hahahahaha

Hey, "real man"....I bet you couldn't snap that cue in your avatar. :thumbup:

Maniac

I was scrolling down fixing to post something very similar when I saw you had beaten me to the draw! Great minds or just minds with the same twist? :D:D:D

Hu

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
close call for my little cajun friend

George C Parker was a visionary. A con man for sure...... but a con man with a vision..... :thumbup:

I had a cajun neighbor that had never been more than twenty miles from home in his life. His boss took him along when he went to New York on business. Somebody tried to sell the bridge to Tee-Bob but fortunately he knew the guy was a crook. Tee-Bob's family already owned the Brooklyn Bridge, his uncle had bought it in WWII!

Hu