ronnie's first match, analyze body language?

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really didn't get it at first, why is he doing that? he wasn't done with the frame and still need points to win but he doing some exhibition shots...I really don't understand what was going through his mind, is he mad at some comment that was made previous to this match, or is it bored from snooker just like he was in 2008 and 2009?

Watch the first two frames and you will understand what I mean, his body language seemed odd to me as if he doesn't want to win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOV3GmVtmHo

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I think after Vinnie missed a couple easy pots early on Ronnie realised Vinnie
didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of beating him and then quickly got bored,
that leads to not playing so great himself and then he gets a little upset at himself.

It was a little disrespectful but I am sure if Vinnie had used a couple of the chances
he got a little better then he would haven gotten more respect.

gr. Dave

flash5153

none
Silver Member
Yep,,he hitting them like he don't have a care. But for what reason is anyone's guess. Only RO knows that.
Ronnie is a huge favorite to win in this match and he could just be cocky and so confident he is going to win,,he is not concentrating like he would normally.

But then again,,Ronnie has conceded a set before because he was mad he was not pocketing balls. Or just having a bad day!!

He did mis a few balls from the start, that he would normally pocket.

Maybe the table is rolling off and he is not happy about it.

Who knows???

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok that make sense, he dislikes the venue, I kinda noticed that even their tip sounds different on camera, I mean when they shoot, it makes some type of a big ping sound.

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I felt sorry for his opponent. You could tell he was extremely nervous, especially at the onset of the match. You could also tell Ronnie was distracted.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's amazing what pressure can do. Vinnie struts around like the king of the venue in Australian events.

It took Neil Robertson several years to start to play to his potential in England. Hope Vinnie can climb the same hurdles.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm watching his round 3 match now, he's trying hard to loose. I'm reading it in his body language.