New aramith balls

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m sorry for the lousy picture but this add was in my pool and billiards magazine. New aramith black series to be unveiled at the next mosconi cup? Anyone have any ideas of what they have planned

Attachments

• B8CB4D43-7767-4539-9A44-92015890C970.jpg
    B8CB4D43-7767-4539-9A44-92015890C970.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,267

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The need for colors other than primary and secondary WENT AWAY with the advent of flat screen technologies.

Now, special detailing around the numbers, we can use more of that.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Several months ago I wrote to Saluc explaining that I would like to buy a set of their beautiful Aramith Super Pro Dynamic Balls, as being sold by a very large billiard retailer in Moscow. I included a few picture attachments with my email to avoid any confusion. A swift reply was forthcoming, informing me that Aramith were VERY grateful for my sales request because I had inadvertently made them aware of an unauthorized product.

Anyway, the balls were similar in design to traditional Aramith balls except the number discs were black and the numbers themselves were white. I thought they looked fantastic. I’ll be extremely interested to see their new BLACK set when it is launched in November therefore. I have a hunch that they might have been inspired the Russian counterfeits.

Best wishes,
RC.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m sorry for the lousy picture but this add was in my pool and billiards magazine. New aramith black series to be unveiled at the next mosconi cup? Anyone have any ideas of what they have planned
It would be tough to beat the Aramith Tournament balls, and I'm not referring to the TV colors set. If these are being touted as "specifically for TV" as stated in the advertisement, why would they even bother trying to market them to home table owners and poolrooms?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
It would be tough to beat the Aramith Tournament balls, and I'm not referring to the TV colors set. If these are being touted as "specifically for TV" as stated in the advertisement, why would they even bother trying to market them to home table owners and poolrooms?

Because saying they stole it from the Russians that were stealing it from them just sounds wrong.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is the skinny

In an all new design, every ball will be black! The numbers and the stripes on the striped balls will be in different colors to indicate which ball is which. In addition, the stripes on the striped balls will go all around the ball somewhat like the stripes on a basketball, except wider.

The cue ball is what is really wild but I have very specifically not been authorized to talk about it, none of the other balls either. I am as clueless as anyone. Just kinda rolled with the "Blackball" idea.

Hu

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In an all new design, every ball will be black! The numbers and the stripes on the striped balls will be in different colors to indicate which ball is which. In addition, the stripes on the striped balls will go all around the ball somewhat like the stripes on a basketball, except wider.

The cue ball is what is really wild but I have very specifically not been authorized to talk about it, none of the other balls either. I am as clueless as anyone. Just kinda rolled with the "Blackball" idea.

Hu

I approve.

:eek::eek:

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t. I haven’t met a product yet that supersedes items built in the the previous 20 Years. Not one. Why reinvent the wheel? Only one reason. The money. Pool tables, cues, cloth, cues, balls. I can be just fine and comfy with 15 years ago more.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
I don’t. I haven’t met a product yet that supersedes items built in the the previous 20 Years. Not one. Why reinvent the wheel? Only one reason. The money. Pool tables, cues, cloth, cues, balls. I can be just fine and comfy with 15 years ago more.

That seems to be a popular belief in all kinds of hobbies and industries. The same products and services received more attention to detail in the past, than they do today; with the exception of slick marketing.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yep..that’s what business do. That’s how you stay relevant and make money so you can continue to employ people and they can feed their families. Lol that’s how it works

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep..that’s what business do. That’s how you stay relevant and make money so you can continue to employ people and they can feed their families. Lol that’s how it works
No kiddin'. Every business does it. Living off old designs used to work but not any more. Gotta keep throwin' new(even if its old) stuff at the buying suckers,errr, public.

Last edited:

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I would agree with this EXCEPT the tournament balls. They are soooo much better than my super pros in that I never have to clean them, or at least go years between cleanings, that I don't think I can ever go back.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole concept of "TV" balls seems laughable now..
what TV?

Oh, and Centennials, please.:thumbup:

gdc25

I call 'em like I see 'em
Silver Member
No matter what they do, I doubt it solves the issue that i'm COLOR BLIND and have no idea what ball is what without seeing the numbers.

(someday I'm gonna file a civil suit! <-- I'm joking)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would agree with this EXCEPT the tournament balls. They are soooo much better than my super pros in that I never have to clean them, or at least go years between cleanings, that I don't think I can ever go back.

Yeah...I am gonna ditch my super pros for a set of tourneys.