Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Machinery and Supplies
Reload this Page Taig CNC Mill & Dayjob shop show and tell
Page 5 of 5 « First 345

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

03-25-2020, 03:40 PM

First run of the JMC servo motors on the Taig. 150 IPM, and 178 IPM. I'm very pleased!!! I tried to keep the video somewhat short, but its still 4.5 min long.

https://youtu.be/G0XRSxC2i-Q

Old
  (#62)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

03-25-2020, 09:46 PM

Youtube link: https://youtu.be/SaruAJuFNz4

Here in this video I'm using a force gage to compare the old steppers to the new servos.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 12.28.22 AM.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  51.0 KB

Old
  (#63)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

04-04-2020, 05:27 PM

All good things must come to an end. I tore down my setup at the day job today. I was laid off due to the corona. I may be rehired later in the year, if the company itself survives.

I lugged the machine home and will set it back up in a few days to continue work on upgrading to the servos. I may also consider selling it, unknown.

Name:  IMG_5858.jpeg
Views: 178
Size:  76.0 KB

Old
  (#64)
MVPCues
AzB Silver Member

MVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond reputeMVPCues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

04-05-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
All good things must come to an end. I tore down my setup at the day job today. I was laid off due to the corona. I may be rehired later in the year, if the company itself survives.

I lugged the machine home and will set it back up in a few days to continue work on upgrading to the servos. I may also consider selling it, unknown.

Attachment 545508
I enjoyed all of your posts and pictures. I hope you are able to get back at it later this year. Good luck to you and the company.

Kelly Peterson

To purchase Tomahawk material:http://mvpcues.com/tomahawk.php

Old
  (#65)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

05-22-2020, 03:17 PM

https://youtu.be/Wg8I5eFKgz0

I made a video in response to a question on another thread, and thought it was appropriate for this thread also. Enjoy

Topics covered:
-How to home a hobby CNC machine that does not have limit switches.
-How to set up soft limits in Mach 3.
-How to set safe Z in Mach 3.
-How to set Z28 position in Mach 3.
-How to set work offsets in Mach 3.
-How to park and start the machine so you don't have to set home with an indicator every time you power up the machine and software.
-A better free screenset for Mach 3.

Old
  (#66)
conetip
AzB Silver Member
conetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond reputeconetip has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

05-25-2020, 12:24 PM

Looks to me that you can make things for others and form your own company working from home. Just really great video's and thanks for taking the time and doing these very informative video's.
I am staggered at what can be made on 3d printers these days and just a basic router and the accuracy that can be achieved with great care.
Thanks again.
Neil Lickfold

Neil Lickfold.
Cuttlefish Cues.
cuttlefishcues@gmail.com
Sorry, not taking any cue orders until further notice.

Page 5 of 5 « First 345

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: