Matchroom Pool

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Go to matchroompool.com and sign up for Matchroom Live. It's FREE! You can watch many of the best matches from ALL their events held during the last few years. What a wonderful thing they've done for all of us starving pool fans! :smile:

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, but are the videos otherwise paywalled to the registration?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks, but are the videos otherwise paywalled to the registration?

Not as far as I know. I started watching one of the matches and there was no request for anything. Check it out.

Sandman

Sandcastle Room Owner
Silver Member
Go to matchroompool.com and sign up for Matchroom Live. It's FREE! You can watch many of the best matches from ALL their events held during the last few years. What a wonderful thing they've done for all of us starving pool fans! :smile:

Indeed Jay! I agree. They have done a wonderful thing for us once again. :thumbup:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

Thanks jay - this needs to get read more, we're all to busy fighting.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You also get to watch some top snooker matches. You have to scroll down through the choices to find full matches as the first selections seem to be summaries and features.

There seems to be no cost or even advertisements.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is awesome. Is there a way to watch the matches full screen?
Yes. The button is in the upper right of the viewing window. You have to move your mouse over that window to see the controls.

The video interface is different from all the ones I've seen before but all the needed features are there. Much, much better than Faceplant video. Left/right arrows bump you forward/back about 7 seconds.

Here's a direct link to the site: https://matchroom.live/home

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just scrolled through the pool videos. It looks like they have hundreds of hours of matches including the full broadcasts of the last two Mosconi Cups.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just scrolled through the pool videos. It looks like they have hundreds of hours of matches including the full broadcasts of the last two Mosconi Cups.

Amazing! I always said Matchroom might be the one to effect a change for the better in pool. Damn COVID-19 put the brakes on for now, but having these videos to sweat is a nice way to pass the time until pool becomes great again, which it will under Barry Hearn's leadership. :smile:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member

Thanks, Jay!
Tried to rep you, but have to spread some first.
You are a much appreciated member!

Will Prout

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Live now is Trump playing Hawkins. That would be current world champion and number one ranked player Judd Trump versus Barry Hawkins, former world runner-up. It's a must-win for Trump as he has a loss in his group. The tournament is in the second phase of group play with 16 players in four groups.