Your favorite Gold Crown

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Brunswick has made some beautiful tables....

View attachment 523999

The GC is a class/look of its own. My next choice would be the Centennial. Diamond could make a fancier table. I like the Pro-Am... just not in the room I might set up. Diamond tables make a lot of sense. From design to assembly to delivery.
GoldCrown 1-4’s are like a sport car.. drive or simply admire the look. I’d like to find a GC basement queen. A table bought and never used. One in showroom- right out of the box condition.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I have a GC 3. For having $1000 +/- (with new cloth) verses the $3K for a Diamond.

My GC banks better than any Diamond I have played on. Diamonds seem to always bank short and I have to compensate almost a full diamond...

Ken

I’m with you on the rails....
...if I had to make a bank or a multi-rail hit or positional shot for my life....
...I want to be on a Gold Crown or an Anniversary....I was raised on them.

But the Blue Label Diamonds are much better than the older ones....
...and their pockets and non-aggravating tops are FAR superior.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ouch...I get it but I wanted a white table and without the logos it looks pretty stark.

What trim would you get. Bronze or Chrome look. I think I got this picture from
Blatt’s website. I’m Drooling

Attachments

• BE9EB8C5-CF5A-43CF-98D8-60319AFD704A.jpeg
    BE9EB8C5-CF5A-43CF-98D8-60319AFD704A.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The GC is a class/look of its own. My next choice would be the Centennial. Diamond could make a fancier table. I like the Pro-Am... just not in the room I might set up. Diamond tables make a lot of sense. From design to assembly to delivery.
GoldCrown 1-4’s are like a sport car.. drive or simply admire the look. I’d like to find a GC basement queen. A table bought and never used. One in showroom- right out of the box condition.

I found a GCI that had been in a private home since new....near immaculate.
...got 5Gs for it...a public room made it their star table.

But I’ve played on very few tables that I wouldn’t like to redesign....
..this is one of the few....

34D9647A-72A5-47EE-AFDB-EA9EE4F37D1F.jpg

Well, I’d like to round off the corners a bit...
...man, I’d hate to run into a customer like me1....:eek:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
What trim would you get. Bronze or Chrome look. I think I got this picture from

Blatt’s website. I’m Drooling
It would depend on cloth color and the rest of the room. I already had planned blue cloth and my light is brushed nickel so chrome/aluminum was what seemed right. With tan/camel cloth and the right room I could see copper/bronze trim.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Spot on Paul.

I have played on all types of Gold Crowns for nigh on 50 years and truly love the tables but once I bought a Diamond Pro I never looked back. It seems to me that Brunswick is producing pool tables because of historic pressure and not because they want to make a perfect playing/looking table. I will admit I love the looks of the 5's and from I have seen the 6's are great also but that's where it ends for me.

I like the toughness of play on the Diamonds although with 11 year old Simonis cloth and failing eyes my table punishes me.:embarrassed2:

I love the looks of the 5 the best.

My wife says the 5 is butt ugly. I’m moving and sold my black GC4 which was barely acceptable to her.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My wife says the 5 is butt ugly. I’m moving and sold my black GC4 which was barely acceptable to her.

Ah man you’re in trouble. How about the white with blue aprons with a tourney blue cloth? Do you want us to talk to her.