effect of ivory joint on ebony cue

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
Ivory Joint

Ebony is a naturally HEAVY hard wood and Ivory is somewhat porus. Most ebony cues are cored due to the heaviness of the wood. An ivory joint on an ebony cue will soften the impact or "hit" as its known as it would intalled on any cue. I prefer an ivory joint for that reason. To me, it provides more "feedback" and only adds to the looks and the overall value of your cue. The downside of ivory is the older it gets the more brittle it may become. Ive heard of applying all kinds of stuff to ivory to make it not so brittle. Just remeber to never leave your cues out in the cold or heat and always let your cue sit out of the case for about thirty minutes prior to playing to avoid cracking or breaking your ivory joint or ferrel in the winter. Other than that, ivory on ebony is an ideal set-up!!:thumbup:

Last edited:

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cue selection from ernies mouth thanks to (Tar)

I hate to make you look and listen but go to (theactionreport.com) Tars interview with Gina Cues. You will learn all the reasons you want that ebony forearm, on your cue! Ernie does give insight to the easier playing characteristics. It is posted here as well on azb. mark

olauzon

HANK THE TANK
Silver Member
HollyWood said:
I hate to make you look and listen but go to (theactionreport.com) Tars interview with Gina Cues. You will learn all the reasons you want that ebony forearm, on your cue! Ernie does give insight to the easier playing characteristics. It is posted here as well on azb. mark

then where the hell is here? i don't like being lost in cyberspace, as well as there.

ps. i hate looking, but listening is ok.

poolsnark

Clique Wannabe
Silver Member
Come on... not one of you dropped an "Ebony and ivory, living in perfect harmony" on this thread?

2j45b3r.jpg

You guys are really slacking today!

Nineballchamp

Certified Cue Addict
Silver Member
poolsnark said:
Come on... not one of you dropped an "Ebony and ivory, living in perfect harmony" on this thread?

2j45b3r.jpg

You guys are really slacking today!
I was singing it in my head the whole time while writing 0the reply does that count? HA!