Congrats Gary Abood on Mike Surber memorial tourney win !

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a good time this weekend in gulfport Mississippi...Had 28 players in the one pocket tourney which had some really good matches especially being a handicap tournement...everybody i met this weekend seemed to be really good folks that enjoyed 1 pocket & liked to have a good time...I bought 3 players...Gary Abood who wound up winning Daryl Biggart who came in 5th/6th and our very own Joey A who played really well winning his 1st few matches but loss a heart breaker to Ryan Malley that went well over 3 hours..joey led 2-1 going to 3...with ball count being joey needing 2 & Ryan needing 6 in 4th game...a unforseen scratch let ryan back in that game for the win and ultimately the match...I think that super long match drained Joey's tank as he loss his next match...Joey...you still my horse even if you never win a race:thumbup:....But seriously you did play well...I hope they keep this tourney going as it was a really nice weekend with really good people running the event.

Payout was as followed
$4990 in tournament, $3510 in Calcutta. 28 Players.1st- Gary Abood, 2nd- Jason Moran, 3rd- Benny Conway, Jr., 4th- Jaybird Breland, 5/6th- Ryan Malley & Daryl Biggart, 7th/8th- David Hennessy & Skip Jacob.

2 notable players that fell a lil short from cashing were Cliff Joiner & Jerry Brock who both had respectible showing & played great but fell a lil short from cashing.

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Troy..What is the game...The Guy played me 10-7 last time and i only came out one game winner...I am willing to play 9-7 with no odds..10-8with slightly bigger odds...8-7 with slightly bigger odds...9-8 with a little bigger odds..

And I will play dead even race to 5 or 6 with bigger odds..
and I will play a dead even headset but the odds will really have to increase for the headset...
He stated he would rather give odds playin one pocket instead of 9 ball witch I understand cause it will be far harder for me to win playin one pocket but who cares....And again yall have to make the first offer so I can atleast get a laugh out of how un-reasonable it will be(just playing..not really)....Ha Ha yall let me know somethin...Thanks David Parker

Tournament playin mofo by the way..You got you a good pony overe there...You better check his horeshoes for this next race though..ha ha

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Troy..What is the game...The Guy played me 10-7 last time and i only came out one game winner...I am willing to play 9-7 with no odds..10-8with slightly bigger odds...8-7 with slightly bigger odds...9-8 with a little bigger odds..

And I will play dead even race to 5 or 6 with bigger odds..
and I will play a dead even headset but the odds will really have to increase for the headset...
He stated he would rather give odds playin one pocket instead of 9 ball witch I understand cause it will be far harder for me to win playin one pocket but who cares....And again yall have to make the first offer so I can atleast get a laugh out of how un-reasonable it will be(just playing..not really)....Ha Ha yall let me know somethin...Thanks David Parker

Tournament playin mofo by the way..You got you a good pony overe there...You better check his horeshoes for this next race though..ha ha

I'll run your offers past him & see what he says...last time it wasn't on my money..He had a guy from Shreveport wanting to stake him...I was just the messenger...As for as 9-7...all I can go on is like the guys he played in tourney giving up 9-7 was Ryan Malley & Jason Moran...Both those 2 guys I would think you could probally give a ball to...not saying the games you are offering aren't fair...i just don't have enough information to put a fair clock on it...seems tough but fair...If we gonna have to book a tough match like this I might have to win 1 more calcutta so I can look at it like a free roll...haha...will see tho & try & do something...It's just more harder on me than him cuz I don't follow the pool schene like i use to..like this weekend i just used it like a lil mini vacation.

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Gary Abood, 1 Hole Tournament Winner!

Seems like Gary can play 1 Hole pretty sporty!, congrats to him on his recent win, tell ole Gary I said hello!:)

David Harcrow

Last edited:

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me know..Im gettin bored again..Last time I said that your man came and dusted me off...Im not as Bored as Dippy but I will make it worth the travel for sure...

All i do is lose lose lose cause im a loser....

SWINGITJm

$10to$20 1 hole U GOT ME!
Yes and NO

As though i fell like Gary may have won this tourny, he officaly did not as we did not play the final. Troy I was glad to see yall come over for our memoral tourny for the late Mike Surber. Yall made it fun for everyone, mainly me thanks Houma Jacob. I wish i could have played Gary again i learned a lot in our hot seat match, but he wanted to get on the road(as road players do), so we made a deal. I really would like to thank everyone who not only came, but just thought about Mike S. this weekend he was a great friend to me and great guy for pool. I really want to keep this thing going for years to come but there are a lot of things to tweek. So if anyone not just the people at the tourny but ANYONE that can give me helpful advice on what we may have done wrong, and or what we can do differnt please post I want help to make it better

SWINGITJm

O Yeah!!

David u got action, no no not even of course, but action none the less. Where were u at? I heard u were coming. Wish u would have came I like the action guys they create ACTION. Plus u geting 9 7 in a short race Gary ain't got two bee d fav o ret.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As though i fell like Gary may have won this tourny, he officaly did not as we did not play the final. Troy I was glad to see yall come over for our memoral tourny for the late Mike Surber. Yall made it fun for everyone, mainly me thanks Houma Jacob. I wish i could have played Gary again i learned a lot in our hot seat match, but he wanted to get on the road(as road players do), so we made a deal. I really would like to thank everyone who not only came, but just thought about Mike S. this weekend he was a great friend to me and great guy for pool. I really want to keep this thing going for years to come but there are a lot of things to tweek. So if anyone not just the people at the tourny but ANYONE that can give me helpful advice on what we may have done wrong, and or what we can do differnt please post I want help to make it better

It was fun Jason....myself ida liked for ya'll to have played it out as well.by doing the deal it cost me at least a nickle..but the way the tourney slowed down ya'll wouldn't have started the set till almost 10pm...Gary & Ed had to travel 6 hours...Don't worry if ya'll wouldn't have taken our generous offer ida slipped my horse 1 of my diet pills & he'd still be running 9 & outs on ya.lol...lil Jacob said don't get rid of his pillow cuz he's coming back & win it back from you playing snooker:grin:

Ya'll showed us out of towners good old southern hospitality & made the weekend most enjoyable...and if ya ever get to thinkin that you made the wrong choice & picked the wrong curtain on Monty halls let's make a deal....I'll give you a blue light special deal good from 7/19/2010 to 7/19/2011 we can do a 2 man tourney same way 9-7 with winner take all:thumbup:

all b/s aside it was a great weekend & would say the same even if we wouldn't have won a quarter...can't wait till the next one.

SWINGITJm

i need more time.

In the last couple of years i have improved alot because of the late Mike Surber and the endless memory i have of him and what he taught me on and off the pool table. He was a true gentleman, just like Gary this weekend, that is why i gave him a pass(ha ha). That short race could have went both ways 9 7, but i feel just like i told Jacob, that i need 11/7 for that money. B U T !! give me 2 years and that one on one tourny just may go off 9 / 7. Do u have any helpful comments about how we can make the tourny any better, ask Gary.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the last couple of years i have improved alot because of the late Mike Surber and the endless memory i have of him and what he taught me on and off the pool table. He was a true gentleman, just like Gary this weekend, that is why i gave him a pass(ha ha). That short race could have went both ways 9 7, but i feel just like i told Jacob, that i need 11/7 for that money. B U T !! give me 2 years and that one on one tourny just may go off 9 / 7. Do u have any helpful comments about how we can make the tourny any better, ask Gary.

Only suggestion I have to make a better turn out is one that we all kind of talked about over the weekend...I have no doubt that if players could have reserved a spot with a credit card there would have been a waiting list...the certified chack or money order thing surely kept a few players away.

as for as the give you 2 years thing...I wouldn't doubt it one bit..you played solid all weekend...that's why I specifically stated it had a 1 year expiration date...lol...just like you was telling lil Jacob....Unless you play like Efren,Scott or Cliff sooner or later that gap in the spot shrinks mo & mo...like Old David Parker's game is getting better & better & he's evolving every day...won't be long & he will be the one to have to give up da weight just to get any kind of action:D

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only suggestion I have to make a better turn out is one that we all kind of talked about over the weekend...I have no doubt that if players could have reserved a spot with a credit card there would have been a waiting list...the certified chack or money order thing surely kept a few players away.

as for as the give you 2 years thing...I wouldn't doubt it one bit..you played solid all weekend...that's why I specifically stated it had a 1 year expiration date...lol...just like you was telling lil Jacob....Unless you play like Efren,Scott or Cliff sooner or later that gap in the spot shrinks mo & mo...like Old David Parker's game is getting better & better & he's evolving every day...won't be long & he will be the one to have to give up da weight just to get any kind of action:D

Well aint that just the butter on the biscuit..Game just went back to 10-7...

InTheCloudzzz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's up David?

I wouldn't mind another shot at ya. I think you have to agree that after the last 2 thumpins you've given me, a little spot might be in order this time though.

Let me know...Ryan (Sucker from Meridian)

Oh yeah, Troy and Gary,

You both still have a drink on me next time I see either of you. JUST ONE GARY, lol!!!

And if ya'll are ever passing through Meridian I'd be interested in making a little game w/ Gary. Not for too much but if you win definitely enough to pay for a few days expenses.

Ryan

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
Although I feel like Gary may have won this tourny, he officially did not as we did not play the final.

Jason, I would have loved to seen you guys play that final match. You were hittin' em WAY good coming into the finals. Benny certainly wasn't liking it. ;) It would have been a battle for sure.

I will say this though, Gary Abood is a stand up guy. He told dad (who had 1/2 of him in the calcutta) if he wanted him to play he'd play. But he did have a hell of a drive ahead of him. Dad agreed to the split and that was it. Like he said he was losing money no matter what, after Cliff (his other horse) took an early exit.

SWINGITJm

Major Thank You

Cycopath i want to say thank you to you and your father for coming, and also a Major Thank You to your father for making the calcutta a good one. I know he took a little bath on it. He has always been a big support for all tourny he attends, his love of billiards is pretty clear in the way he donates his money in all aspect of the tounys he attends. He also did a good job sub running the toury, if i keep this thing going i will put him on the payroll next time. Doc did a good job running this event, with what he had to work with. If yall can think of any way to improve this event please let me know, i would like it to get bigger and better each and every time it is put on.

SWINGITJm

Stand Up Guy

Yes, Gary was a stand up guy all weekend, that is why i gave him a "get out of jail free crad", this time but next time will be like me hitting "free parking" on his a@@! Just kidding like i said before it was bitter sweet playing him for the hot seat. It felt like he knew where to put me where i would have to make a go for broke kinda shot or try and out move him.I did neither, but I learned a lot in that match even though he blanked me.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My dad had Gary in the calcutta, unless you are talking about the half Gary bought back.

I put Gary in the tourney plus bought his half...wasn't trying to exclude ur Dad but didn't feel like typing the whole scenario...just like going in with Jacob on a few bets..I might have said I loss $150 instead of Me & lil Jacob lost...So to be politically correct...I had half of Gary in Calcutta & half of Gary in Tournement...Half of Darrel & half of Joey..well i let Jacob in on one of them...damn that's alot of typing to be exact...lol

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
...also a Major Thank You to your father for making the calcutta a good one. I know he took a little bath on it.

Like he said over there, he's used to it.

He appreciates your kind words though. You are one of the good guys.