Need help identifying cue

just kick'n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought this from a pawn shop on ebay several years back. I would love to know who made it if anyone can identify it.
It looks to be bloodwood, with ivory inlays, bordered with nickel or silver. The pin looks like 3/8 x 11 and maybe titanium. Actually looks like aluminum to me.
Butt weight = 15.5oz
shaft weight = 3.5 oz

Attachments

• DSCN0051.jpg
    DSCN0051.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 470
  • DSCN0052.jpg
    DSCN0052.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 466
  • DSCN0053.jpg
    DSCN0053.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 471
  • DSCN0054.jpg
    DSCN0054.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 463
  • DSCN0056.jpg
    DSCN0056.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 465

just kick'n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the ID

Thanks for the ID guys. I thought Philosopher King was saying something in French. lol! I had never heard of a Mystique cue. I bought it off of ebay along with another cue from a pawn shop. I would rather not say what I paid for it.

I carried this cue to the U.S. Open one year, and asked several top cue makers about it. They all said it was not made by an established cue maker, because of the construction. No one thought it was ivory (at least they said so). Who knows? It may be bone, but it is pretty white, and grainy. One builder joked that everyone thinks they have found a Balabushka. I won't call any names.

Thanks again for the ID.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the ID guys. I thought Philosopher King was saying something in French. lol! I had never heard of a Mystique cue. I bought it off of ebay along with another cue from a pawn shop. I would rather not say what I paid for it.

I carried this cue to the U.S. Open one year, and asked several top cue makers about it. They all said it was not made by an established cue maker, because of the construction. No one thought it was ivory (at least they said so). Who knows? It may be bone, but it is pretty white, and grainy. One builder joked that everyone thinks they have found a Balabushka. I won't call any names.

Thanks again for the ID.

I'd bet it's ivory, and a lot of it

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice looking cue, I'd like to know what the construction issues where that the other cuemakers found. A machinist with training from Mike Bender, David Kersenbrock and Joe Gold would have to a total moron not to make a good cue even by accident LOL