Get position on 5

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty standard rail first shot. If this one is not in your repertoire you need to practice it and get it down!!!

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
watched the clip and tried it on a table. worked fine. I was just using too much top left english. Instead of center left to low left depending on angle needed.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
These are the toughest shots on the table for most players.

Tough shot for me. Can';t draw it back up and top english sticks to short object rail if hit too hard. Only way for me is to hit short on left long rail with right. Tough getting QB up past middle table.

Most players are not exact players, so this becomes one of the most difficult shots on the table because it is so easy to make.

When it's so easy to make, there is a tendency to get loose in your aiming.

It's better to treat it like you have half a pocket once you determine where you want to hit it.

With this shot, you hit rail first with outside and go three rails for shape. If oyu hit it too thick, you may scratch in the side and if you hit it too thin, you may over run position.

Jaden

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
haha. Years ago a parlor pro advised me I was using way too much english and no angles. Since then reversing that 1/2 to 1 tip of english when in a jam.