Tip suggestions.

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've asked around about Kamui tips as far as the black & tan goes & I've got different answers. My question is , is there a playability difference between the two or is it simply color. The other question is does anyone still play with Le Pro tips?

Last edited:

MaydayMyers

Will break for food
For my money Kamui is pretty meh. I like tiger and cyborg ok if you insist on a layered tip.

Right now I've got a lepro medium on my cue, gonna try a milk dud soon

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played with a G2 tip on a Jim Lee cue with a maple shaft last week and I really liked the feel of it. I think it was the "soft" model and hope it was because I just ordered a "soft" from G2 for my Predator FAT 314-2. I had a Kamui Black Super Soft on my Predator and I didn't like the way it played until I cut half of it off. When it wore out, I replaced it with a Kamui Black Medium a month or so ago and I don't like it at all. It plays too "hard" for me. I hope the G2 Soft is what I'm looking for.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The tan tips play a little softer than the blacks (made w/different leather).

But even the tan plays a little harder than other layered tips of the same hardness from what I've seen.

Yes, people still play with Le Pros and Triangle tips. Le Pros are hard where Triangles are closer to med or med/hard. I prefer Triangle over Le Pro.

My current favorite tip is the one that Dennis Searing is marking, Precision Tips - they seem to be accurate in their hardness measurements.

Dave

Last edited:

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thursday night my Manger & I were shooting some. For one game we switched cues. Holy crap.. He has a older Meucci & man did I love it. I shot way better. I ask him which tip was on it & her said I have no clue. I should've known his tight wad ass wouldn't know lol. He bought it used so I'm guessing it's what came on it or whatever the cheapest tip out there is. That's the reason I ask about the Le Pro I noticed that seems to be the standard tip for Meucci.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been playing Kamui Black medium for years.....3 years ago I changed to
Kamui Black Clear soft........best move I ever made re: tip brand and type.

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me kamui hard was only good for the first month or two, then it seemed to lose life and glazed over way too fast. Now for me ultraskin medium lasts long and plays lights out, no glazing problems, only a little bit towards the end of its life( heavy usage for 8-10 months). Worth a try, very affordable

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had ordered a lucasi hybrid from seyberts & had them put a kamui clear black super soft. The tip was the only thing I liked about the cue. The cue felt & handled way worse than my $130 cuetec. I sent it back Friday & I'll order something else. A man @ the pool hall I go to told me earlier today that there is for sure a playable difference in the tan & black kamui's. He said that if I like the predator soft tip that's on my cuetec then order a tan medium & it will stay true. He said something about the black hardens more than the tan. One other guy told me if I buy a meucci not to replace the Le Pro tip leave it be & play.

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
I have played with many different tips over the years.... Things have changed... I tried Kamui tips but did not like them after a short time.... To this day the best tips I have played with are the SIB tips from Tom Hay and the Precision tips from Dennis Searing..... I wouldn't trade one for the other....