Serious question

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched the videos about Bob Meucci's new shafts being the lowest deflection & best shafts available. So I was confused when I click on shaft options on budget cues & found it an upgrade to switch out a Meucci shaft for a Predator shafts. Or if you buy a Predator cue & select a meucci shaft it knocks $41 off the price. If the meucci is the best then why is it a upgrade to put a predator shaft on a meucci or downgrade to put a meucci on a predator?

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Apparently it is based on the cost of the shaft and nothing to do about if the shaft is better or not concerning performance.

🎱

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apparently it is based on the cost of the shaft and nothing to do about if the shaft is better or not concerning performance.

🎱

Ah, Ithe only experience I have with predator is theit tip. I noticed on Schmelke site you can upgrade to a predator or ob shaft. I'd hate to pay that much & not like it.

DOA

Registered
Predator over charges even with using Chinese labour and poor warranty. Buy North American!!!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dang...is it not obvious that meucci's cost on a meucci shaft would likely be far lower that its cost on another company's shaft?

Sorta like how the papa johns delivery driver will bring you dominos, but it is gonna have an upcharge?

Meucci wants you to buy meucci, but if you must have predator, it can be done.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched the videos about Bob Meucci's new shafts being the lowest deflection & best shafts available. So I was confused when I click on shaft options on budget cues & found it an upgrade to switch out a Meucci shaft for a Predator shafts. Or if you buy a Predator cue & select a meucci shaft it knocks $41 off the price. If the meucci is the best then why is it a upgrade to put a predator shaft on a meucci or downgrade to put a meucci on a predator?
No clue about marketing shenanigans but the Meucci Pro(pro-taper) is one good playing shaft. Have not tried the UW taper as i'm not a conical-taper fan.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci shaft

I am probably the only one that feels this way, but of the 3 alleged low deflection shafts I have tried, the Meucci Black Dot is my favorite. But, I probably did not give the OB Classic and Predator 314-2 enough playing time.

I don't always buy American, but I try to.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the meucci is the best then why is it a upgrade to put a predator shaft on a meucci or downgrade to put a meucci on a predator?

Price.

Do you think they would call a lower cost option an "upgrade"? Ever?

"best" is relative and subjective and need not refer only to deflection qualities.

That price difference might even climb with the new political attitude in place about import versus American made products. Taxes, duties, etc, may climb on any and all imported products. Personally, I hope this helps US cue manufacturers.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am probably the only one that feels this way, but of the 3 alleged low deflection shafts I have tried, the Meucci Black Dot is my favorite. But, I probably did not give the OB Classic and Predator 314-2 enough playing time.

I don't always buy American, but I try to.

I thought this myself after buying and playing with a cue with a black dot. HOWEVER, it didn't play any better than any custom cue I owned at the time so I sold it. Not a fan of laminated shafts.