pool halls in san diego

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have an old family friend in San Diego who I think is a member here. Don't think he's active at the moment though. He had a bad experience with FaceBook and online interaction in general and he may not be looking in here now.

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
This question gets asked a couple times a year.

On Cue in La Mesa is probably the best choice overall.

College would be a good bet if you like three cushion and Pedro is there.

I haven't been there in over a decade, but Society down in Pacific Beach is an ok place to play if you want to be near the beach. Not a players room, but the beach is a quarter mile away and pretty girls walk by all day long. Ton of bars and food in that area as well.

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
O Zone Billiard Cafe is quite clean. They have two 9ft Diamonds, four 7ft Diamonds, eight 9ft tables, and one snooker table.

On Cue in La Mesa is the most... tournament style hall.

There's one more at:

5610 Kearny Mesa Rd
San Diego, California, CA 92111

with roughly 12-15 Valley bar boxes. They changed ownership recently, so I don't know the current name. David Whitsell is based out of that space.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
O Zone Billiard Cafe is quite clean. They have two 9ft Diamonds, four 7ft Diamonds, eight 9ft tables, and one snooker table.

On Cue in La Mesa is the most... tournament style hall.

There's one more at:

5610 Kearny Mesa Rd
San Diego, California, CA 92111

with roughly 12-15 Valley bar boxes. They changed ownership recently, so I don't know the current name. David Whitsell is based out of that space.
It's called Pockets Billiards and Brew. It's owned by one of the top females in San Diego (if not the current top).

There's also Jolt N Joe's in La Mesa (both 9' Brunswicks and 7' Valleys), but more of a night club.

On Cue in La Mesa is the place to go, especiallly Monday night tourney.

Freddie

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having designed, managed and opened On Cue many many moons ago I am very biased that it is the best place to go in San Diego. If you are new to San Diego area, note that College Billiards is not in a particularly good or safe area.

O Billiards is decent, but can be brutal to park at night.

There is currently no real pool room north of the 163/15 merge. Wish I had the money to open one. I think it could do really well with the right design and atmosphere.

Having designed, managed and opened On Cue many many moons ago I am very biased that it is the best place to go in San Diego. If you are new to San Diego area, note that College Billiards is not in a particularly good or safe area.

O Billiards is decent, but can be brutal to park at night.

There is currently no real pool room north of the 163/15 merge. Wish I had the money to open one. I think it could do really well with the right design and atmosphere.

I sent you a PM a few days ago. I am going to San Diego for a week on business and will have evenings free and also this coming Sunday. I did research and on cue seems to be the best traditional location. So I will frequent there all next week. Anyone looking for a game of 8,9 or 10 ball I will be around. Shoot me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I shot like Dennis orcollo and nobody knew who I was and I was in San Diego, seriously I'd go down to the beach and enjoy myself there. And the people who know sad know what I'm talking about. Not long ago had an amazing pool scene with a handful of all potentially great players. Now nothing... just like everywhere else as far as I can surmise.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I shot like Dennis orcollo and nobody knew who I was and I was in San Diego, seriously I'd go down to the beach and enjoy myself there. And the people who know sad know what I'm talking about. Not long ago had an amazing pool scene with a handful of all potentially great players. Now nothing... just like everywhere else as far as I can surmise.

Well I live in San Diego and shoot pretty much like Dennis did for the first few games of Day 1. Nobody knows who I am here either.

Freddie <~~~ life's a beach, but I rarely go there

Spent a little time at ON CUE. Not impressed at all. Good players. Weird atmosphere and tables are in bad shape. I am guessing the heydays are behind this place.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums