Do Euro Players Regularly Play with Bigger Audiences?

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious if anyone knows the answer to this. This was my first time attending the Mosconi Cup so I didn't get to hear the commentary, but it was clear that the Euro team didnt miss nearly as many shots that would normally be considered "gimmie's" for players of this caliber. I have watched probably the last 12 MC's or so. Normally I'm complaining about the rolls that seem to always go better for team Europe but this year I thought they were relatively even on rolls by the end of day 2.

Just curious if the Euro guys maybe are more used to an audience or televised events, obviously not this big, but curious about it all the same.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious if anyone knows the answer to this. This was my first time attending the Mosconi Cup so I didn't get to hear the commentary, but it was clear that the Euro team didnt miss nearly as many shots that would normally be considered "gimmie's" for players of this caliber. I have watched probably the last 12 MC's or so. Normally I'm complaining about the rolls that seem to always go better for team Europe but this year I thought they were relatively even on rolls by the end of day 2.

Just curious if the Euro guys maybe are more used to an audience or televised events, obviously not this big, but curious about it all the same.

Bigger audience? I dont think so. But we are used to live-stream from all the tables (+ tv table arena with commentary) at Eurotour. It takes some time to get used to it but once you do it doesnt bother you much ;) MC audience is nothing you can get used to I guess, you just have to be mentally super-tough..

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bigger audience? I dont think so. But we are used to live-stream from all the tables (+ tv table arena with commentary) at Eurotour. It takes some time to get used to it but once you do it doesnt bother you much ;) MC audience is nothing you can get used to I guess, you just have to be mentally super-tough..

Also, all members of the European team have won major events in front of large crowds (for pool), not the same ferocity as the Mosconi Cup, but probably having thrived in that environment that may give them an edge over the US players.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The closest event with similar audience, pressure, exposure is the double event ,World Cup of Pool. An event where every at least half of the 32 teams are European nations and an event that European nations have won 4 out of 11 times.